Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2017 8:57 am  #2

Re: Meet & Greets with Keith Dambrot

I'm jealous that the DC alumni chapter gets a meet-and-greet with Coach Dambrot, as opposed to the NY/North Jersey chapter, home to myself, El Duque and hundreds of other luminaries with Duquesne degrees, though I'm guessing that's because the A10 tournament's in DC next year. 

9/15/2017 3:46 pm  #3

DennisC91 wrote:

I'm jealous that the DC alumni chapter gets a meet-and-greet with Coach Dambrot, as opposed to the NY/North Jersey chapter, home to myself, El Duque and hundreds of other luminaries with Duquesne degrees, though I'm guessing that's because the A10 tournament's in DC next year. 

Yeah, and I'm as lumen as any aries!

9/16/2017 5:28 am  #4

DennisC91 wrote:

My friend, it's likely about turnout, or the perceived lack thereof.

9/16/2017 8:26 am  #5

Hilltopper wrote:

DennisC91 wrote:

My friend, it's likely about turnout, or the perceived lack thereof.

Dennis has organized many NJ based events for more than a decade now. Always has a nice turnout.

We'd love the opportunity to prove NJ would be a good idea. Hope you're listening Mr. Harper.

9/16/2017 10:10 am  #6

If I recall correctly from a conversation with someone from the alumni office years ago the DC events are by far the best attended of the out of town events.

9/16/2017 11:10 am  #7

We do have some awesome alums in the DC/Maryland area.

9/18/2017 3:29 pm  #8

The DC chapter has indeed had some really well-attended events, as have many of our alumni chapters (New York, Philly, Cleveland, Chicago, Charlotte, etc.), but the event is being held there because it's the night before the Atlantic 10 Media Day, which is of course in DC this year. We had talked about doing something similar with Jim Ferry in New York when he was the new coach five years ago, but it never came together for one reason or another. But that was a different coach and AD. Glad to see they're making this type of event happen this year. It's a great way to build interest in the program among the local alums and maybe get more of them out to the tourney come March.

9/18/2017 3:50 pm  #9

27 signed up for the Cranberry event as of now.  I can't see a list for D.C. since I'm not on it.  Can anyone give us  a count?

9/18/2017 4:17 pm  #10

VBC wrote:

27 signed up for the Cranberry event as of now.  I can't see a list for D.C. since I'm not on it.  Can anyone give us  a count?

3 for DC so far. 

10/10/2017 9:57 am  #11

53 signed up so far for the event in Cranberry on Thursday.  I'm sure we'll get information on the roster and scholarships at that time.

Looking at the list of attendees I see some long time diehards as well as prodigal sons and daughters who are coming back to support the program.  I'm looking forward to seeing grammudder, Mysterio, The Log, The Duke, deal and L-Train among others. 

Last edited by VBC (10/10/2017 2:19 pm)

10/10/2017 10:14 am  #12

Am unable to be present for that but really looking forward to hearing what KD has to say. Will be following this board closely!

Board footera