Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2017 10:11 pm  #1

Uni's

After seeing the football teams uniforms I am
unimpressed.

I know it doesn't win football games but if definitely helps the brand out. Does anyone have information on what the adm. is doing to ensure we have elite uniforms and gear?

If we are putting 40 mill into the arena we should be able to throw 20G's to contract some design agency to craft them.

Look good...play good?

Maybe this is just the 21 year old in me....

Roll Dukes Roll

9/19/2017 10:33 pm  #2

Re: Uni's

i've only seen the road jerseys. what's wrong with them really? i'm not much of a football jersey fanatic/connoisseur. what am i missing?

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

9/19/2017 10:34 pm  #3

presumably this is basically what they look like, for reference

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

9/19/2017 11:25 pm  #4

currentstudent wrote:

After seeing the football teams uniforms I am
unimpressed.

I know it doesn't win football games but if definitely helps the brand out. Does anyone have information on what the adm. is doing to ensure we have elite uniforms and gear?

If we are putting 40 mill into the arena we should be able to throw 20G's to contract some design agency to craft them.

Look good...play good?

Maybe this is just the 21 year old in me....

You do realize that Nike will be doing our hoops uniforms, not some design agency? We're down with Lebron. Relax!

9/20/2017 5:28 am  #5

It's a matter of taste, really.

​I like the football unis, but probably because I like the blue. I could have gone without "Duquesne" on the front of the jersey and the sleeve stripes, but if you take those away then only the red outline on the number separates it from Penn State. We should have our own look.

​I would have liked to see our snarling Duke mascot on the helmet too, instead of the D.

But that's just me. I like them anyway.

9/20/2017 6:07 am  #6

The Football uniforms are based on a basic Nike template available to any high school or college.  I think Arizona had the same stripe pattern on their jerseys a couple of years ago.  I imagine the Nike contract is keyed in on our basketball program and that is where the design effort will be...every other team is picking from a catalog.

9/20/2017 8:42 am  #7

Give it some time.  This is the first year, and I believe the Nike deal was completed early summer.  They already look a lot better than those awful things Pitt wears.  

9/29/2017 2:15 pm  #8

Any word when new basketball uniforms will be revealed?  Other Nike schools have been releasing video reveals this week

9/29/2017 2:38 pm  #9

LSUDuq wrote:

Any word when new basketball uniforms will be revealed?  Other Nike schools have been releasing video reveals this week

Well, I'm sure Nike has a lot on their mind this week.

Board footera