Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2017 10:12 am  #1

New unis? Tweeted by Mike Lewis

10/04/2017 11:30 am  #2

Re: New unis? Tweeted by Mike Lewis

Wow, those are amazing! Here's to hoping that coach D will have us playing at the level of the teams that wore those jerseys.

10/04/2017 11:46 am  #3

Just curious is that the actual home jersey or is that a mock up of a throwback style maybe used for special occasions.  Either way, I like it!  

10/04/2017 1:27 pm  #4

Dukes2012 wrote:

Wow, those are amazing! Here's to hoping that coach D will have us playing at the level of the teams that wore those jerseys.

I like the unis, but I surely hope KD will have us playing at a level above where those teams were. They weren't really anything special, with only 3 winning seasons in the decade they wore those, and only the 80-81 team being able to win 2/3 of it's games. Anything less than reaching the Red Manning level will be disappointing to me.

10/04/2017 1:33 pm  #5

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

I like the unis, but I surely hope KD will have us playing at a level above where those teams were. They weren't really anything special, with only 3 winning seasons in the decade they wore those, and only the 80-81 team being able to win 2/3 of it's games. Anything less than reaching the Red Manning level will be disappointing to me.

Whoops! I thought they were older than that.

10/04/2017 1:41 pm  #6

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

Well, he is off to a Red Manning start by loading up on home games. I think the recruiting level can possibily be further reaching with the Midwest connections. Local recruiting in future years if we are able to land the better local kids, due to being a winning program would help really bring back the fan base.

High hopes abound on this board!

A diehard fan since 1961

10/04/2017 1:47 pm  #7

Love them and also home football unis too

10/06/2017 2:24 pm  #8

What are the chances this man goes to the league?
He just shared an article talking about it....he is also friends with atleast 5 different NBA players in the league right now.

Roll Dukes Roll

10/06/2017 2:29 pm  #9

He's getting plenty of acclaim right now.

10/06/2017 3:50 pm  #10

currentstudent wrote:

What are the chances this man goes to the league?
He just shared an article talking about it....he is also friends with atleast 5 different NBA players in the league right now.

It's tough at his height. Not impossible, but you really have to be special to make the league at his height. He'll need to be first team A10, maybe more than once, and possibly player of the year, to really get the league's attention. Point guards are so big today. Fultz is 6'4", and Lonzo Ball is 6'6".

10/06/2017 3:56 pm  #11

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

Nah. Those unis came out while Nixon was here, I think his junior year. Nixon was great, but the teams he played on certainly weren't.

10/06/2017 4:49 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Nah. Those unis came out while Nixon was here, I think his junior year. Nixon was great, but the teams he played on certainly weren't.

Norm's sophomore and my freshman year.  I thought they were by far the coolest uniforms in college ball.

Board footera