Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/09/2017 1:17 am  #1

I have personally experienced a new attitude with Duquesne

I got a letter from Duquesne  inviting me to a alumnii reception to be hosted by Dr.Gormley at the Nationwide Arena
in Columbus Nov.1st. I was absolutely shocked to get the invite because  I have not not been to a home game in
Pittsburgh since RE was coaching.  I have watched the games on the computer and  occasionally on local TV
A10 games,looked at this message board but did not participate in the conversations because  of all the negative
talk and I was tired of all the losing, telling myself to find another team to root for.Too much aggravation.
   I am impressed that somehow  DUQ got my name and address .I did inquire about tickets after KD was hired
and I probably gave them my name and address but somebody actually did some work to identify me.
   Its doing these little things like the invite that says something is different on the Bluff and much better days are
coming .Thank you Mr. Harper.

10/09/2017 8:40 am  #2

Re: I have personally experienced a new attitude with Duquesne

Stew, what a delightful post, hope you enjoy the outing.

I had a opportunity to meet and get to know Dave Harber a little when the team was in Fl several years ago. After the who coach firing and the new coach hiring was unfolding , I decided to give it some time to settle in. One day I picked up the phone and called AD Harper and we had a nice conversation, he really is a good guy, he reminds me of the bright fellows I used to try and hire to make our firm better.

I look forward to this program fulfill the dream of them coming back into prominence that I think all of the loyal fans, and posters, have kept alive all these years.

Can't wait until the season begins and the games start.......

A diehard fan since 1961

10/09/2017 6:29 pm  #3

Re: I have personally experienced a new attitude with Duquesne

Hey Fjhryn. Got a chance to meet Zach and some other posters at HOMECOMING and sorry if i missed you but  I agree about buzz on campus. Coach Dambrot was there as was Ryan Shazier and Cutch himself! Maybe I will meet you Friday

Board footera