Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2017 8:21 pm  #26

Re: Amari Kelly signs

DENNIS:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  The information I posted about increased "counter" scholarships was contained within the article about the $208 Million dollar settlement.  When I Googled for information about the NCAA rule change I cited  the other articles popped up. I didn't save the other link(s).  Rather, I chose what I believed to be the article with the most information germane to the topic of discussion on this board.  You and CLK are right with your analyses as I see things. Again, the most important thing to me is I firmly believe our coach and AD are in conformity with NCAA rules tht gover how many players can fill our men's basketball roster.

Gram

10/11/2017 4:25 am  #27

I wouldn't be concerned that anything "shady" is going on.

A lot of times, kids commit to schools with knowledge they will be preferred walk on year one, then placed on scholarship next year when a schollie opens up. example- a school only has 1 left and is in desperate need of a PF but also really likes a PG. knowing they have 3 guards graduating in 2018, they tell the young PG, we really want you, come as walk-on year one, we will redshirt you and then put you on a scholarship next year. PG who loves the school and has means to pay for year one, takes coach up on that offer.

at UNC, Luke Maye was recruited as a preferred walk on. when a scholarship opened up, he received it. the same thing for Shea Rush this year. UNC is going to have a numbers issue next year as they have 2 seniors and poss cam johnson leaving(as a duq and unc fan, do you know how happy that made me to see unc get him from pitt?),. they currently have 3 commits and are hosting several others. most likely Luke and Shea will give up scholarships, since they are renewed on yearly basis...

in other words, I'm sure coach d, etc have a plan and we have nothing to worry about

10/17/2017 8:30 am  #28

Great to have this "perceived" problem!! Trust KD and staff. They know exactly what they're doing. We are so blessed to have this staff here at DU.  Can't wait for opening game. GO DUKES!

10/27/2017 6:02 pm  #29

I believe that people are really going to be surprised by the quality of DU's 2018 recruiting class.  Amari Kelly earned accolades at the "Georgia Fall Preview" last week.   Amari was one of the top performers at this camp.  Some had him in the top two.  Here is an article written by Hoop Seen Georgia.  They had his height wrong, but some pretty high praise.

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/event/201710/georgia-fall-preview-super-six

Amari Kelly, PF, Meadowcreek (GA), 2018:=15px Despite already being committed to Duquesne, Kelly, a 6-foot-7 power forward, came into camp and made his presence known from the jump. The senior was nearly impossible to stop on the block was his array of scoring abilities. Kelly overpowered defenses and finished with either hand throughout the day. He was also a nightmare on defense, as he blocked and altered shots in the lane. Meadowcreek is poised for a big year this season, and Kelly is one of the many reasons why. - Garrett Tucker

Board footera