Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2017 5:44 am  #51

Re: New name on roster

What happened to Nick Washington?

10/13/2017 7:14 am  #52

ElDuque wrote:

What happened to Nick Washington?

I didn't think to ask.

10/13/2017 7:54 am  #53

Thanks for the update, VBC. That explanation is pretty much what I expected. It's pretty obvious who the one nonscholarship player is, but I'm curious to find out who the other one is. I have a pretty good guess though.

10/13/2017 9:00 am  #54

I dont know, or really dont care who the 2 are that arent bball scholarships, just figured that was going to need to happen in order to keep them all on the Bluff.
Happy to hear everything is under control.  
DU needs to put a little $ into advertising now, get info out there about KD, team and season tickets.
Also, we as fans and alumni need to spread the word as well. 
Print out the schedule and post it in your office cafeteria.  :-)

10/13/2017 9:02 am  #55

VBC wrote:

I spoke with Dave Harper about the scholarship situation today and he assured me we are in compliance.

I asked him what I could post here to alleviate the fretting that's going on and he told me that 2 of the players whom people are speculating about are indeed paying their own way.  One will most likely receive an athletic scholarship next year while the other will never get an athletic scholarship at Duquesne.  If you can read between the lines you should be able to guess who the latter is.  Privacy issues preclude me from saying more, but there is no need to fret.

Lots of fun tonight.  At least 60 - 70 alums and supporters including former players BB Flenory, Garry Nelson, Jim Balog and Jarrett Durham.  Quite a few prodigal fans who are coming back into the season ticket holding fold. 

If you haven't purchased your tickets yet call Conor McGartland at (412) 396-5124 and help restore our program to what it once was.  Good things are happening and you won't be disappointed.

Just think about it for a moment.  Two young men who could have gotten a free ride elsewhere are paying their own way to be part of Keith Dambrot's program.  That in itself is quite a statement as to where we are headed.

Good description by VBC of the event last evening at the Cranberry Sports Grille.  It is a nice bar and I had a chance to meet with the owner, who was very accommodating to the Duquesne family.  If you are out that way looking for a nice sports bar with an extensive menu pay them a visit. 
I was very encouraged by the willingness of the coaching staff that were present to mix and spend good time talking to anyone who wanted to join in conversation.  Even  A.D Dave Harper and Coach Dambrot stayed until the event was pretty much over.  It was good to see that these guys are really nice people in addition to being  great at their jobs.  I think everyone who attended had to come away very impressed with our leadership in Athletics and Men's Basketball. 

10/13/2017 9:13 am  #56

Some observations to add to last night's "meet and greet" the coach event:

The air at the Sports Grille was electric--I don't remember the last time there was such a buzz at a D.U. men's Basketball event;

There was absolutely nothing negative in the conversations, the comments of the A.D. and coach and the brief Q and A with the both of them;

This coach reeks with confidence-He did not come to Duquesne finish 14th, to finish 10th, to finish 7th--He came to win championships period!; 

Dave Harper added the most important observation--get one person to come to a game with you; then ask that person to bring someone with him or her to the next game;  this is the best way to fill the Palumbo (in addition to winning)--one fan at a time--just the opposite of one fan at a time leaving the program!

The general consensus of fans I talked with who have seen him on you tube video is that Chas Brown is a game-changer!

10/13/2017 11:01 am  #57

Any web page gurus out here that could make a nice looking schedule, something to display at the office or at the local pub or on a fridge, or a iphone home screen?
The only one I can find is the one on the athletic site, and its ugly.

10/13/2017 11:24 am  #58

Duquesne Dukes 2018 Schedule

Date                 Opponent               Time
Nov. 11   St Francis (BKN)              2:00 PM
Nov. 14   VMI                                  7:00 PM
Nov. 19   Robert Morris                   TBD
Nov. 27  Cornell                              7:00 PM
Dec. 1    at Pitt                                TBD
Dec. 4    MD-E Shore                     TBD
Dec. 6    Stetson                             TBD
Dec. 9    Delaware State                12:00 PM
Dec. 13  Miss Valley St                   8:00 PM
Dec. 17  NC A&T                            TBD
Dec. 19  Lamar                               TBD
Dec. 22  San Francisco                  8:30 PM
Dec. 23  S Illinois                            8:30 PM
Dec. 30  Dayton                              TBD
Jan. 3     G Washington                  TBD
Jan. 6     at Fordham                       3:30 PM
Jan. 9     at VCU                             TBD
Jan. 13   La Salle                            12:30 PM
Jan. 17   at Saint Louis                   TBD
Jan. 20   George Mason                 4:30 PM
Jan. 24   Richmond                        TBD
Jan. 27   at URI                              12:00 PM
Jan. 31   at G Washington              TBD
Feb. 3    St Bonaventure                6:30 PM
Feb. 7    at Dayton                         TBD
Feb. 10  Fordham                          TBD
Feb. 17  at Saint Joe's                   TBD
Feb. 21  at St Bonaventure           TBD
Feb. 24  Davidson                         TBD
Feb. 28  Saint Louis                      TBD
Mar. 3   at UMass                          TBD

10/15/2017 7:37 pm  #59

grammudder wrote:

This coach reeks with confidence-He did not come to Duquesne finish 14th, to finish 10th, to finish 7th--He came to win championships period!; 

This is what really gets me excited. Many here are so beat down. They are afraid to think big. I see people talking about "mid major". When Xavier was in the A 10, they never accepted the mid major label, and neither should we, or anyone else in the A10. Dambrot is is here reestablish Duquesne as a MAJOR PROGRAM!

Board footera