Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2017 10:27 pm  #1

Dukes Offer Three Locals

Tonight, Coach re-upped an official offer to Brandon Stone who will be a 2019 after reclassifying at Christ School in N.Carolina; gave an offer to 2020 6'9" Tre Mitchell who will attend Woodstock Academy next year; and extended an offer to Butler's phenom Ethan Morton, a 2020 6'5" point guard who does it all. These three are most likely the best three locally even though two of them will go the Prep route. Coach is serious about building not only an A10 contender but also becoming a national player. As a guy who goes back to Willie Somerset, I am truly amazed that we have an administration, an AD and a Coach who are working together to allow us to get into the game! Go Dukes!

6/20/2017 5:06 am  #2

Re: Dukes Offer Three Locals

Too bad we've already been eliminated in the Robby Carmody sweepstakes. I completely understand his family's decision-making process, but imagine a couple local kids taking the team to the NCAAs?

6/20/2017 5:56 am  #3

HookShot wrote:

Tonight, Coach re-upped an official offer to Brandon Stone who will be a 2019 after reclassifying at Christ School in N.Carolina; gave an offer to 2020 6'9" Tre Mitchell who will attend Woodstock Academy next year; and extended an offer to Butler's phenom Ethan Morton, a 2020 6'5" point guard who does it all. These three are most likely the best three locally even though two of them will go the Prep route. Coach is serious about building not only an A10 contender but also becoming a national player. As a guy who goes back to Willie Somerset, I am truly amazed that we have an administration, an AD and a Coach who are working together to allow us to get into the game! Go Dukes!

This is great stuff!

6/20/2017 9:21 am  #4

DU will have to win some games, and at least appear like a team headed in the right direction in order to acquire some talent.  There wont be many roster spots open in the next 2 years, barring transfers leaving, so KD will need to hit his marks.  Will be nice getting kids who want to play at DU, rather than guys who want to play D1.  

6/20/2017 10:56 am  #5

HookShot wrote:

Mossie went in and snatched Willie from NYU, what a great talent he was. He and Brian " The General" Generalovich lead Farrel to basketball and football greatness .

A diehard fan since 1961

6/20/2017 12:40 pm  #6

Somerset scored more point in 3 years than any player we ever had -1725. If there was a 3 point line back then and he had a 4th year, he would have easily been our most prolific scorer ever. Only played three years in the pros, but for his last two years in ABA averaged over 22 a game. Tough as they made them. Small in stature but a real "BIG!"

6/20/2017 4:46 pm  #7

HookShot wrote:

Somerset scored more point in 3 years than any player we ever had -1725. If there was a 3 point line back then and he had a 4th year, he would have easily been our most prolific scorer ever. Only played three years in the pros, but for his last two years in ABA averaged over 22 a game. Tough as they made them. Small in stature but a real "BIG!"

He'd have been well over 2,000 points, even without the 3. Sihugo would also have been a 2,000 point scorer had he played 4 years.

6/21/2017 8:57 am  #8

6/21/2017 12:17 pm  #9

Has Duquesne ever had a coach who has hit the ground running like KD has? If so, wondering who it would be.

6/21/2017 1:16 pm  #10

Father McGuigan. Maybe.

10/14/2017 11:46 am  #11

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/10/13/brandon-stone-hoping-get-offer-pitt/

Pitt offered a scholarship to 2019 PF Brandon Stone last night. It's interesting that Duquesne and Pitt are battling for a recruit like this, but that's not what really drew my attention...

"Stone’s stock and national profile has risen a ton in the last couple of months"

"However, schools like West Virginia, Villanova, Kentucky, Indiana, etc. are showing interest."

If this is really true, wow this Brandon Stone guy is starting to turn some heads. And if we're able to recruit this guy? Oh my...

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/14/2017 11:54 am  #12

yak-rbc wrote:

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/10/13/brandon-stone-hoping-get-offer-pitt/

Pitt offered a scholarship to 2019 PF Brandon Stone last night. It's interesting that Duquesne and Pitt are battling for a recruit like this, but that's not what really drew my attention...

"Stone’s stock and national profile has risen a ton in the last couple of months"

"However, schools like West Virginia, Villanova, Kentucky, Indiana, etc. are showing interest."

If this is really true, wow this Brandon Stone guy is starting to turn some heads. And if we're able to recruit this guy? Oh my...

I don't know how much of a priority he will be given that we have three bigs in the 2018 class, and Bizeau is pretty much the same player as stone. I would like to see them get some size at SG and SF.

10/14/2017 1:02 pm  #13

I’ll take the three bigs we got any day over Stone.

10/16/2017 6:46 am  #14

Carmody wont last 2 years at ND.  If he doesnt get meaningful minutes this year, with an upper-classman lead team, he will be upset and want out.

Board footera