Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2017 10:51 am  #1

Signing Period

Well it is now here so it should make for a fun week.  I am hoping all the five verbal commits sign and if they do I would venture to say that based on reports it would be the best class we've had in a long time.  Further, if all these guys do commit it will be very interesting to see how the roster shapes up next year.  With these 5 and the 5 transfers it will be interesting for sure.  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but the only 3 guys playing this year that I would say for sure would be here next year are MLewis, Williams and Tyus.  There are only 13 scholarship players per roster, at least I think that is the rule, but the reality of course is this is how college bball works nowadays. Go Dukes!

11/08/2017 12:57 pm  #2

Re: Signing Period

I completely give up trying to figure out the schollie thing. Just trust in the system. KD knows what he is doing.

11/09/2017 3:49 pm  #3

Brandon signed.  

11/09/2017 3:59 pm  #4

Sweet!  Looks like we have our PG of the future, now let's get the other big guys signed up!! 

11/09/2017 7:32 pm  #5

PistolPete wrote:

Sweet!  Looks like we have our PG of the future, now let's get the other big guys signed up!! 

Saw on Rotroff's twitter where he signed his letter Didn't have any pictures of a signing though.

11/09/2017 8:28 pm  #6

WashPaRick wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

Saw on Rotroff's twitter where he signed his letter Didn't have any pictures of a signing though.

Yup saw he signed too. That's 3

11/09/2017 9:28 pm  #7

In addition to Swingle & Rotroff being Mr. Basketball candidates in Ohio, saw this where Wade nay be a candidate for the title in Michigan.

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/11/preseason-mr-basketball-candidate-brandon-wade/

11/10/2017 7:35 am  #8

CLK, isn't it nice to report on a recruiting class like this year's? 

A diehard fan since 1961

11/10/2017 8:36 am  #9

Phildog wrote:

You are so right my friend.  I truly believe this class will be the one that gets us back to the big dance. 

11/10/2017 10:46 am  #10

CLK wrote:

Phildog wrote:

You are so right my friend.  I truly believe this class will be the one that gets us back to the big dance. 

Mike Lewis II will lead the way, perhaps by his junior year.

11/10/2017 12:46 pm  #11

By the time he graduates, the basketball world will know him well.

Pittsburgh sportswriters are showing this kid a lot of love (deservedly so), and as we all know, they never love anyone.

11/10/2017 12:50 pm  #12

VBC wrote:

CLK wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Mike Lewis II will lead the way, perhaps by his junior year.

That works for me :-)

BOLO, - Amari Kelly to sign today
 〽️arrii‏ @AmariKelly124hToday I will officially be a Duke

11/10/2017 6:28 pm  #13

All 5 recruits now signed

11/10/2017 8:51 pm  #14

Good job by Coach Dambrot and staff.  It felt kind of strange to me not having the usual angst of the early signing period to see who would and wouldn't sign; I have that kind of confidence in this staff.  Let's go Dukes!

11/11/2017 8:35 am  #15

Feels kinda good knowing that we are loading up on studs. Bringing in 5 top notch freshmen, but next year MLII will be a junior and an all-conference candidate, Tydus and Williams will have a full year of big minutes, and some big-time transfers will be eligible.

Board footera