Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2017 1:40 pm  #1

Yuku board completely gone?

I realized it had pretty much dried up, as people came back here or just left altogether, but it is completely gone.  A search turns up nothing. Kind of sad because there were some great discussions over there at times.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/17/2017 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Yuku board completely gone?

Most of those guys post here. I think we've lost a couple in the process, but we've also picked up some who had not previously posted on either board.

Guys I'd like to see come back: Statman, L-Train, Denny, MD Alumni, Sean from Colorado, Alan from Detroit, Joe(?), Coffee, Jackson. I'm missing some, not on purpose, but because I'm forgetful.

Guys I'd like to see post here: former players, some of the media guys. The guys who used to cover us but cover Pitt now, so we can bust their chops.

11/17/2017 2:55 pm  #3

There was a time when their biggest argument about our board actually carried water.  It was during the "Shouldn't have fired Ron" vs. "Should have fired Ron" arguments that pretty much brought intelligent discourse to a standstill over here.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/17/2017 6:19 pm  #4

Yuku has lately been purging message boards that have been inactive for a long time.

11/17/2017 9:10 pm  #5

It's still up. It's not yuku anymore, it's Tapatalk.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/duquesnedukes/duquesne-basketball-chat-f65/

11/18/2017 10:13 am  #6

We had two entirely different schools of thought about what was best for the program. It's not unusual. A Duquesne basketball board has been around in one or more forms for more than two decades, and before that there were some DU fans who posted on the A10 boards. Things got rough when Carroll was here, when Edgar was the coach, during Porter's tenure, and when Nee was hired. But a lot of folks weren't around for that.

I have apologized humbly and respectfully for offenses I've caused, both publicly and privately. I respect those who had opposing views who did the same. And I've moved on in cases in which apologies were not offered.

We have a new president and new generals. I hope we're done fighting the uncivil war.

For the record, we've had some wacky protagonists on our boards. The would-be football coach who blew his chance for a job by ripping the AD. The journalist who posted under numerous alieses to tout his positions. The really strange dude many years ago who was posting love poems to one of the WBB players. We've had parents of players (Chris Clark's Dad), members of the AD staff posting anonymously, other A10 fans, you name it.

We're entering a golden age for Duquesne University athletics. Time for coming together and celebrating future successes.

11/18/2017 10:45 am  #7

duq81 wrote:

It's still up. It's not yuku anymore, it's Tapatalk.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/duquesnedukes/duquesne-basketball-chat-f65/

that's great. I do like to go back and revisit discussions on that board and here as well. We should have a live link to it as well.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera