Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2017 12:50 pm  #1

Season Ticket Benefits-Another Savvy Move

This was my first year getting season tickets but I saw the city game was not included. I live about two miles from the university so I may have been one of the first to get them, but I just received free tickets for the city game from the school!!!!

Yet another brilliant move by the athletic department. The focus is on the momentum of the program rather than the cash grab of selling tickets. Pitt is down and we are gaining momentum, why not ensure a home atmosphere?

11/18/2017 1:53 pm  #2

Re: Season Ticket Benefits-Another Savvy Move

Agreed and glad you purchased seasons. Had them for years myself but truly excited about the new coach and upcoming season.  Haven't seen this level of enthusiasm in years.Go Dukes

11/18/2017 2:04 pm  #3

The City Game is included with both schools' season ticket package every year.  There was some type of problem this year, perhaps involving starting time, so they couldn't be printed and mailed with the rest of your tickets.  I'm glad you've joined the ranks of season ticket holders!

11/18/2017 3:22 pm  #4

VBC wrote:

The City Game is included with both schools' season ticket package every year.  There was some type of problem this year, perhaps involving starting time, so they couldn't be printed and mailed with the rest of your tickets.  I'm glad you've joined the ranks of season ticket holders!

VBC, I think this change was relatively recent. If I recall, the teams used to rotate each year being the “home” team, and that home team controlled the Tickets. I certainly remember having to purchase the Pitt tickets separately, at some fairly high prices from Ticketmaster.

11/18/2017 4:24 pm  #5

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

VBC wrote:

VBC, I think this change was relatively recent. If I recall, the teams used to rotate each year being the “home” team, and that home team controlled the Tickets. I certainly remember having to purchase the Pitt tickets separately, at some fairly high prices from Ticketmaster.

Yes, this is the 3rd or 4th year of this practice which I like very much.

11/18/2017 4:36 pm  #6

VBC wrote:

Yes, I just ordered my "donated to youth charity" season ticket plans and I was told the Pitt game is included

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/19/2017 7:50 am  #7

I have season Tickets to the Ladies - Were NO Tickets for the City Game -  Are three "double headers" this year - hopefully mine get me admission to BOTH

Weds 12/6 Ladies vs Toledo @ 5:30  Guys vs Stetson @ 8:00
Sat 12/9  Guys vs Delaware State @ 12:30  Ladies vs Akron 3:00
Sun 12/17  Guys vs NC A&M @ 12:30 Ladies vs Central Michigan @ 2:30

Board footera