Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2017 8:31 pm  #51

Re: The disgrace and humiliation of RMU domination must end.

CLK wrote:

We start with 8 scholarship players, then James gets hurt, Robinson fouls out and Mike Lewis doesn't show up, I am surprised we only lost by 7 points.   For us out of town fans a frustrating game was made worst by no sound on the video broadcast for most of the first half, and a blurry picture for much of the second half.  

I see the RM trolls are back.  Enjoy the win over the short handed Dukes.  It will be the last one for many years to come.

The trolls have been dispatched. The other RMU guy didn't troll, so no reason to dump him.

11/19/2017 8:38 pm  #52

CLK wrote:

We start with 8 scholarship players, then James gets hurt, Robinson fouls out and Mike Lewis doesn't show up, I am surprised we only lost by 7 points.   For us out of town fans a frustrating game was made worst by no sound on the video broadcast for most of the first half, and a blurry picture for much of the second half.  

I see the RM trolls are back.  Enjoy the win over the short handed Dukes.  It will be the last one for many years to come.

You should just switch to listening on the I heart radio app.  Because it has regressed.  I watch two women’s games on flawless internet feeds.   From E. Tennessee State and Winthrop.  Flawless. 

It shouldn’t surprise you that this the people under Harper only have an attention span that last five minutes.   Consider last years decent webcasts as the outlier.

For what’s it is worth I emailed Eric in charge of the video production.  I’m sure I’ll get a half assed answer in response.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/19/2017 9:09 pm)

11/20/2017 6:44 am  #53

ElDuque wrote:

Let's see if BobbyMo is talking after[i][/i] the game.

I wonder where they were for the football game?

From all the Bobby Mo fans out there we are still talking lol. 7 out of 8 years. RMU takes down little brother Duquesne once again.

11/20/2017 7:07 am  #54

Congratulations BobbyMo.  RMU played well and definitely outplayed DU.  As a DU fan, you can't expect to play the same players as last year and expect a different result just because there is a new coach.  Only better players will change the outcome.  Players play...

11/20/2017 8:16 am  #55

Bobbymo15 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

From all the Bobby Mo fans out there we are still talking lol. 7 out of 8 years. RMU takes down little brother Duquesne once again.

11/20/2017 8:31 am  #56

Bobbymo15 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Congratulations Bobby Mo 15 you deserved to win but I am still very happy about 51 to 14 and  the last 5 in a row in the County Game.Good rivalry and talk of moving  to Heinz Field and TV  because it is and wish Coach Toole nothing but success and NEC basketball  title this year

11/24/2017 5:46 pm  #57

What has happened to Lewis??  I expected him to be the best player on the court for Duq.  KD can be a difficult guy to play for because he demands so much and can be overbearing at times and some players may take time to adjust.  Is this an issue or is this just a short term funk that he will come out of??  Since there is a such a short bench, it will be nearly impossible to have success this year without Lewis having a good year.

One think for sure...KD will not change his expectations.  It may mean more pain in the short term but the long term still looks good IMO.  The 2 freshman look like players.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (11/24/2017 5:47 pm)

11/25/2017 2:11 pm  #58

Dsnyder15 wrote:

What has happened to Lewis??  I expected him to be the best player on the court for Duq.  KD can be a difficult guy to play for because he demands so much and can be overbearing at times and some players may take time to adjust.  Is this an issue or is this just a short term funk that he will come out of??  Since there is a such a short bench, it will be nearly impossible to have success this year without Lewis having a good year.

One think for sure...KD will not change his expectations.  It may mean more pain in the short term but the long term still looks good IMO.  The 2 freshman look like players.

Dsnyder15, I think Lewis is trying to adjust to a new position - the third guard that doesn't have the ball in his hands. Dambrot is stuck playing 3 guards right now; Lewis is the logical choice to play that 3rd guard position. Smith can't play the 3 because he doesn't have a good enough outside shot. Castro-Cannedy needs to have the ball in his hands to maximize his value. So the plan was to have Lewis work without the ball - cut, run off of screens, etc. to get his shots - a big adjustment and learning curve for him.

And this change is not coming easy to Lewis right now. Dambrot has mentioned Lewis' shortcomings moving without the ball a couple of times in these opening games. I think he put pressure on himself to be the team's leader and he's off to a terrible start. It's negatively impacting all facets of his game and he's lost a lot of confidence.

But I do think this is a funk that he will come out of; he is too good of a player for this to linger. He's going to figure out how to move effectively without the ball (sharp cuts with speed and using/running defenders off of the screen). It's also going to help if JRob can stay on the floor because he is fairly good at setting a pick; so is Tydus - defenders have to respect the "roll" from both of these guys.

Long term, this skill is really going to help Mike and the team when he moves back to the two guard position. A good interior cutter puts great pressure on the other team, speeding up their defensive decision making (switch or guard or hedge or play soft) leading to mistakes and Dukes' open looks and layups.

Board footera