Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2017 7:28 pm  #1

Fan Base

From just hearing and seeing the stands. No one comes to the games. The players probably have no adrenaline or anything to hype about. 5 people in the student section standing up? **** Pitt MBB is just as worse so PPG might be like a middle school clash...

I edited your post.  

Last edited by CLK (11/28/2017 8:38 pm)

11/28/2017 7:41 pm  #2

Re: Fan Base

You can’t kill a fan base like this university has done and expect them to come back because you now say you are committed to winning. 

I still have my doubts over the level of commitment.   I think the promotions department is horrible.   Don’t live tweet during women’s games.   Quarterly updates.  That’s it.  Significant win this weekend.  One tweet about it.   Very small article on website

We have hashed and rehashed the webcasts. 

Show me real improvement with the all things surrounding the men’s program and I’ll believe it.  Until then I remain skeptical that anything will change.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/28/2017 7:43 pm)

11/28/2017 8:04 pm  #3

The website lists 3 full time people as External Relations staff.  Fancy word for promotions. 

One has  “mascot liason” in their title.    I’m sure Duquesne needs a full time mascot liaison.  They don’t even have a mascot at women’s game. 

Please name me one thing these 3 people do.   

Over bloated  and no results.  RMU has one person listed on in there website in this capacity and look at the quality of RMU social media and promotions over Duquesne.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/28/2017 8:09 pm)

11/30/2017 7:59 pm  #4

I find it funny that after we complained on this message board that stats are being shown way more often on scoreboard at the women’s game tonight.  At most stops in play. 

They have showed at least 5 replays on scoreboard in the first half.

And the Duke mascot is here. 

I’m sure nobody at DU reads this message board.  Lol

And they are all welcome improvements

Last edited by duqkurt (11/30/2017 8:03 pm)

11/30/2017 8:09 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

I find it funny that after we complained on this message board that stats are being shown way more often on scoreboard at the women’s game tonight.  At most stops in play. 

Easy fixes. The concerning thing and wake up call for the leadership of this department should be the fact that this is what it takes for obvious changes to be made.

Guess they should be paying us.

11/30/2017 8:13 pm  #6

Duques102 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

Easy fixes. The concerning thing and wake up call for the leadership of this department should be the fact that this is what it takes for obvious changes to be made.

Guess they should be paying us.

You are right.   This is all stuff that we shouldn’t have to Complain about and that someone being paid should see.

Board footera