Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2017 11:54 am  #1

Game Thread - Maryland Eastern Shore

7:00pm tip on Monday 12/04/2017 at AJ Palumbo Center
Per KenPom:
Dukes #266 (2-3) vs University of Maryland Eastern Shore #340 (3-5)
UMES projected to finish 9th of 13 teams in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC)
Game prediction: Dukes by 10, 75-65 - Dukes with 83% probability of a win.
No Betting line

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate
Here's a look at UMES:
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  Effective FG%
Defensive Strength: None
Defensive Weakness:  Does not create turnovers; allows offensive rebounds, Effective FG%

Here's a look at the Dukes (national ranking out of 351 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Getting to the FT Line (8); Limit Turnovers (50): Offensive Rebounds (52)
Offensive Weakness:  Effective FG% (328)
Defensive Strength: Creates turnovers (96), Limits opponents FT chances (45)
Defensive Weakness:  Allows offensive rebounds (312)

Going up against a team that shoots the ball even more poorly than the Dukes.

12/04/2017 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - Maryland Eastern Shore

Well this is one of the few games so far that I feel comfortable EXPECTING to win. They should pull this one out over a terrible UMES team.

Expecting attendance to be pretty rough with the Steelers also playing in prime time tonight.

12/04/2017 3:24 pm  #3

Giving up the first half of Steelers game to root for our Dukes. Expecting to see a better all around performance from the team. Brown needs to get back in form. It will probably take at least a game or two. Five minutes in the last game doesn't count for much even though he had 3 rebounds I believe. I do think that we will see continued defensive improvement as the season plays out. Small crowd tonight for sure.  All in and GO DUKES!!

12/04/2017 7:20 pm  #4

Lewis has his shot so far - albeit against a poor D.

There have been some crisp passes by the Dukes so far.

12/04/2017 7:23 pm  #5

Maryland Eastern Shore couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat!

I know it's early but......

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/04/2017 7:25 pm  #6

Chas Brown is a MAN down low.

12/04/2017 8:29 pm  #7

Chas Brown is a beast!  With him and Verhoven, we are going to cause some teams some problems in the paint.  Two awesome shot blockers

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/04/2017 8:41 pm  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Chas Brown is a beast!  With him and Verhoven, we are going to cause some teams some problems in the paint.  Two awesome shot blockers

Don't forget 6'9" Krivacevic coming soon. Don't know what to expect from him but added height and depth will be a welcome addition.

Last edited by Duques102 (12/04/2017 8:41 pm)

12/04/2017 8:58 pm  #9

Lewis II 29 points, Williams Jr. 24-11, Chas Brown 8-7 and a couple of swats in limited time, Smith 10, Taylor 8 boards and 7 assists.

Duquesne once up by 34, final 86-61

A diehard fan since 1961

12/04/2017 9:32 pm  #10

Hadn't seen a start-to-finish shellacking like that since the UMass game last year. What a start by ML2. What a player is Williams.

Wish some of these shots fell on Friday, but I digress.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/04/2017 10:04 pm  #11

Good all around game. Kellon Taylor with 7 assists.

12/04/2017 10:12 pm  #12

Yeah UMES is bad but...

- ball movement would have looked better against anyone. 
- team shot an elevated 48% from three, but the amount of open looks they earned, 48% doesn't seem as crazy. 
- defense is still a work in progress but the intermittent full court pressure seemed to set up a better half court set for much of the first half. 

12/04/2017 10:29 pm  #13

very interesting that they feel healthy enough to run a full court press at times. i love it if the team feels they have the body and energy to keep up with it.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/04/2017 11:36 pm  #14

Another impressive game from Eric Williams, Jr. 
He could be a very special player.

12/05/2017 7:20 am  #15

Duques102 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Don't forget 6'9" Krivacevic coming soon. Don't know what to expect from him but added height and depth will be a welcome addition.

If I'm remembering his video accurately he seemed to be pretty athletic. Didn't have very good numbers in juco.

12/05/2017 7:29 am  #16

Eric Williams is playing as well as any freshman I've seen at Duquesne since Khorie Hlede(sp?).

12/05/2017 7:51 am  #17

WashPaRick wrote:

Eric Williams is playing as well as any freshman I've seen at Duquesne since Khorie Hlede(sp?).

He is the best freshman I have seen since TJ (although the two mikes were pretty good last year).  The best part is that Eric looks like he has improved every single game. It's a shame we won't have Chas for another year. He is a grown man. I can't remember the last Duquesne player that was built like him.

12/05/2017 8:21 am  #18

As I watched Chas Brown in the second half, the rust was coming off and he manhandled the "Shore" post players inside. He grabbed rebounds and powered up, even the shots he missed were close.

I think we will enjoy watching him this year.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/05/2017 8:53 am  #19

WashPaRick wrote:

Pipkins?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/05/2017 10:02 am  #20

The late and great coach Al McGuire always said bring one blue chipper in a year. This was back in the day when players didn't jump all over the place even though he did lose center Jim Cones to the NBA early. Eric Williams, Jr. sure looks like a blue chipper to me! Wonder who will come in next year and be that one great addition to the team.

12/05/2017 1:26 pm  #21

president wrote:

The late and great coach Al McGuire always said bring one blue chipper in a year. This was back in the day when players didn't jump all over the place even though he did lose center Jim Cones to the NBA early. Eric Williams, Jr. sure looks like a blue chipper to me! Wonder who will come in next year and be that one great addition to the team.

Al was right, one blue chip a year is good to go. Still, there may be more than one next year among the highly regarded (and large, in numbers and in size) group of recruits and transfers. 

12/05/2017 5:26 pm  #22

Tejas_Duke wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Pipkins?

He's a contender. Robert Mitchell had a pretty good freshman year.

12/05/2017 5:39 pm  #23

WashPaRick wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Pipkins?

He's a contender. Robert Mitchell had a pretty good freshman year.

Korie Hlede averaged 24.2 pts. 7.96 reb. 5.8 a. as a freshman we'll probably never see those numbers again unless Lebron's son shows up on the bluff.

12/05/2017 6:17 pm  #24

In terms of men’s basketball Eric is up there as an overall force.. doesn’t pass so great yet but showed signs last game

Board footera