Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2017 7:18 am  #26

Re: Game Thread - Stetson

Phildog wrote:

Kellon Taylor is a good player and a great offensive rebounder.......

I'm thinking he reminds me of a Darnell Roebuck type. Any of you oldtimers see some Roebuck in him?

12/07/2017 7:19 am  #27

Duques102 wrote:

Krivacevic dressed

I'm guessing his cast is off?

12/07/2017 8:05 am  #28

Smith 7 for 11 from the 3 in the last 2 games after an 0 for 9 start. 

12/07/2017 8:28 am  #29

Good win in the sense that Stetson has played better teams than Duquesne tougher, but a pretty unremarkable win overall in the sense that there isn't much new different I can say about it vs. after the Monday. Hopefully, this team is building confidence. They're certainly passing, and shooting better while defending and rebounding tougher. Next three games are about getting prepared for the last three games of the non con which will be significantly tougher. 

Last edited by steve19981 (12/07/2017 8:28 am)

12/07/2017 8:36 am  #30

Rick: 
When I watch Kellon, this old timer sees Rocky White! Tough as nails with competitive juices galore.
Gram

12/07/2017 9:23 am  #31

grammudder wrote:

Rick: 
When I watch Kellon, this old timer sees Rocky White! Tough as nails with competitive juices galore.
Gram

12/07/2017 9:24 am  #32

grammudder wrote:

Rick: 
Gram

Let's try that again. I honestly can't place the name. Those brain cells must be long gone!!

12/07/2017 9:27 am  #33

Also Tarin Smith looking much better as he is hitting the 3 ball lately. When he can do that, this team is much more dangerous. Hoping this can continue on into A-10 play as well.

12/07/2017 10:13 am  #34

Rocky was a 6'4" or 6'5" kid (lefty) out of City League Brashear who was part of their City League championship team. Tough as they come.  When you saw him play you knew immediately how and why he had the nickname "Rocky". Played for Jim Satalin when Palumbo first opened.  I think he was part of the Dukes team that upset Pitt in the early days of Palumbo.  Like I said before, I am an old timer! 

12/07/2017 10:56 am  #35

Gram, I am probably older than you. Graduated in '69 but just can't pull that name out of the dark recesses of my mind! Always had much hope when Satalin was first hired. Good basketball man but things just didn't work out.

12/07/2017 11:17 am  #36

WashPaRick wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

Krivacevic dressed

I'm guessing his cast is off?

A little soft tape job on the wrist (not even really on the hand), but no cast.

Heard Dambrot say in the presser he is really close but wasn't cleared for last nights game. Expecting to see at least a little bit of him Saturday.

12/07/2017 11:40 am  #37

Prez: 

Let me try and joggle your brain cells a little more.  Rocky played for 2 years for Bill Shay at CCAC North Side.  Then he transferred to Duquesne.  He might have been on the same team with Billy Searles!  Help any?

Gram

12/07/2017 12:59 pm  #38

WashPaRick wrote:

Phildog wrote:

I'm thinking he reminds me of a Darnell Roebuck type. Any of you oldtimers see some Roebuck in him?

Roe was 6-4 and Perry High Tuff, he shot about 64% from floor his Sr. Year grabbing offensive boards and following with quick put backs. Key member of the 20-5 Iron Dukes 71-72 team.

Kellon is a football player that can hoop, he has that Billy Clark swagger on the court.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/07/2017 1:02 pm  #39

12/07/2017 1:11 pm  #40

grammudder wrote:

Prez: 

Let me try and joggle your brain cells a little more.  Rocky played for 2 years for Bill Shay at CCAC North Side.  Then he transferred to Duquesne.  He might have been on the same team with Billy Searles!  Help any?

Gram

Starting to come a bit into focus. Had completely forgotten some of that. Also did not get to any games during part of that time. Thanks!

12/07/2017 1:14 pm  #41

grammudder wrote:

Rocky was a 6'4" or 6'5" kid (lefty) out of City League Brashear who was part of their City League championship team. Tough as they come.  When you saw him play you knew immediately how and why he had the nickname "Rocky". Played for Jim Satalin when Palumbo first opened.  I think he was part of the Dukes team that upset Pitt in the early days of Palumbo.  Like I said before, I am an old timer! 

So I am at the Pitt/ Duquesne game at Palumbo and every seat is sold, like 6,000 plus and this pretty women is sitting beside me, we are smashed together on those old bleachers at mid court. She starts to complain how this guy didn't show up and she had an extra ticket. I said hey this place is sold out, go sell it. She asks for how much? I say, I don't know, $10.

She comes back and sits down, smiles at me and said "I got $20."

Duquesne upsets The Hated Panthers on a shot by a forward named Kelly from Philly, he was a JC transfer who couldn't meet Duquesne higher than league 2.0 GPA average and didn't play the 2nd semester . But he was a hero for a night. There were some good days back then even in the decent that followed.

A diehard fan since 1961

12/07/2017 1:15 pm  #42

Phildog wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Roe was 6-4 and Perry High Tuff, he shot about 64% from floor his Sr. Year grabbing offensive boards and following with quick put backs. Key member of the 20-5 Iron Dukes 71-72 team.

Kellon is a football player that can hoop, he has that Billy Clark swagger on the court.

Remember Darnell very well! Another tough city league kid.

Board footera