Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2017 4:22 pm  #1

Akron

I hope the men stayed to cheer for the women.

12/09/2017 5:02 pm  #2

Re: Akron

The girls are in big trouble when threes are not falling. The guards should pass more  and not  take hopeless selfish shots .The offense is not moving so well and the screenplay is so predictable and pop-outs are rare. Fortunately the opponent was  not much better.

12/09/2017 6:15 pm  #3

[b][b]The ladies did not play at their best today but still held on for a win.  That's what good teams do.  I like this team and I think they can be an NCAA tournament participant.  Still need to improve, but like the men they seem to be on the right track.[/b][/b]

12/09/2017 6:44 pm  #4

Love when Luke logs on to share their shortcomings. 

Rough game but a win.      Give Akron credit they disrupted Chas and we missed like 8 layups.   Make 4 of those and its an easy win

Not to mention they hit like two 35 foot threes to cut the lead in the last minute.

And like vbc said.  Good teams win those games and we did. 

I guess we will see Luke when we lose next.   And he loves to call them girls.  Not women. Enjoys disrespecting the team. Bitches when they blow teams out.  Bitches when they win close.

Last edited by duqkurt (12/09/2017 6:50 pm)

12/09/2017 6:51 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

I hope the men stayed to cheer for the women.

Most did.  Coach D did.  And his wife as well.

12/09/2017 7:14 pm  #6

Was DISAPPOINTING to see SO MANY of the people leave after the first game -  I can understand not being interested enough to come and see the ladies on their own - but being ALREADY in the building??  Know some people might have holiday get togethers etc.  Despite their uneven play today -- 9-2 IS A HECK OF A LOT BETTER THAN 8-3 - and they won't have to brood for 8 days over the loss.

Kudos to Conner today she came up really big crashing the boards and driving to the hoop in the late stages of the game when the team really needed it.

12/10/2017 4:09 am  #7

[

Heh,heh, no offense but I tried to tell our Ladies could gain much more by more balanced offense 
instead all the plays are for two shooters. When threes are not falling there should be the inside option.
Kadri is only post player who gets any passes.
When the opponent is fouling all the time in the end of the games in order to reach our team , best freethrow
shooters should be in the court and  there were none offense/defense purpose substitutions.  That did not happen in the last game despite all that coaching staff.

Last edited by luke (12/10/2017 6:47 am)

12/10/2017 7:45 am  #8

Check their record Luke. They're pretty good.

12/10/2017 8:37 am  #9

ElDuque wrote:

Yes they are but there is still some  nuances to improve----When the UConn  will 
defense hard our guards it is usuful  have some kind of tactical plan B.
Five tallest players in the court vs. Akron  were Dukes but  I did not see much 
inside game to get advantages of size

12/10/2017 8:49 am  #10

FJHRYN:  Appreciate your thoughts - still on Wednesday night don't think there were too many fans who left after game 1 before game two -  Yesterday it almost looked like an EVACUATION DRILL of people leaving at the end of the first game and prior to the second one.

Wednesday for some fans  there was also a "gotta be at work the next day factor"  I was considering leaving the guys game a little early (or skipping it altogether as well on Wednesday but did stay for the entire second game and was rewarded with their excellent effort)

Belated kudos to Eniko - 1 point 17 REBOUNDS -  SOMEONE HAS TO APPRECIATE THE GRUNT WORK SHE DID -  She was in the middle of the play of the day as well -  Julianna led her too much on a fast break - somehow she chased the pass down saved it just before it went out of bounds - made a BLIND pass to Chassidy on the play and Chassidy drained a 3 like 2 seconds later in the middle of a very tight game.  IF THE LADIES HAVE A HIGHLIGHT REEL - THIS DEFINITELY GOES NEAR THE TOP!!   

12/10/2017 10:17 am  #11

Regarding the quality of yesterday's performance:  I've rarely missed a women's home game for the past 20+ years, & no matter who the players are, they've all been good students taking difficult majors, & have even placed some women on the A-10 All-Academic team over the years.  What I've found is that if the team is gonna lay an egg or at least not be on the top of their game, it will be during finals week, which is where they are now.  It's hard to do anything in life when one has to put a lotta concentration elsewhere.  I don't think yesterday's game is cause for any concern.  I think you'll see a better performance when they next take the court a week from today.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by Officer Dribble (12/10/2017 10:17 am)

12/10/2017 10:31 am  #12

First thing.  I hate doubleheaders. Just don’t like having to spend 4.5 hours there.  And weeknight doubleheader’s are a disservice to the women’s fans who will have to scramble to get there at 5:30 on weekends.

I’m definite no on doubleheaders. 

On the spirit teams, there are two sets of cheerleaders and two sets of dance teams members.   One for the men and one for the women’s teams.   Due to finals week they each got a game in the two recent doubleheader’s.  But kudos to the band members who were there for all 4 games. 

Kuttor had a reluctance yesterday to put the ball back up for shot on the offensive end after rebounding.  She has all season.  Until she develops that confidence, team mates are going to be reluctant to pass it to her in the post.   Give her time this is her first real playing time in her career.  Helmi doesn’t lack that confidence.    Neither does Paige.

Last edited by duqkurt (12/10/2017 10:32 am)

12/10/2017 12:32 pm  #13

We're up to 67 in the Massey Ratings.

12/10/2017 12:50 pm  #14

duq81 wrote:

We're up to 67 in the Massey Ratings.

top team in the a10 now. Dayton at 69th is now 2nd in the a10, which is nice, and no one else cracks the top 100 for now.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/11/2017 6:11 am  #15

luke wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Yes they are but there is still some  nuances to improve----When the UConn  will 

So if we lose to UConn, it will be because our guards take too many shots? The guards who might be all-conference players? 😳

12/11/2017 9:52 am  #16

ElDuque wrote:

luke wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

So if we lose to UConn, it will be because our guards take too many shots? The guards who might be all-conference players? 😳

When we lose to UConn, it will be because they're better at every position, and have a bench that could probably beat all but the 3-4 teams ranked right behind them.

12/11/2017 7:29 pm  #17

Regarding the Akron game, agree that Duquesne did not take advantage of its size, but credit Akron's double teaming the guards and clogging the passing lanes into our posts.  Kadri Ann had multiple close-in shots that did not fall and she needs to finish.

I credit Conor and Eniko in the 4th quarter in sealing the win.  Conor was the only Dukes player who aggressively went to the basket, or was there for put-backs and Eniko (although not looking to score) is a rebounding machine who reminds me of Dennis Rodman of the Pistons, who rarely scored more than 10 points but was All-NBA.

My disappointment was the mental letdown after a dominating game against a far-better opponent- Toledo.  The Dukes must develop the same kind of mental toughness the 2015-2016 team had (and most importantly) a leader who will take charge (like an April Robinson), demand the ball and score.  I am not sure we have that leader at present.

Board footera