Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2017 4:41 pm  #1

Missouri Valley conference

Jackedforlife...Dukes weren't only team in town to find out quality of football in Missouri Valley Conference as YSU  misses field goal at end of regulation then loses in OT to Pitt! Good luck rest of the season

9/03/2017 3:28 pm  #2

Re: Missouri Valley conference

On Twitter, I needled one of the Pitt reporters that maybe the Panthers shouldn't be so eager to scrimmage us now. He replied, "Maybe not the right time to make this statement." I let him know we played the stronger opponent.

I think SDSU would beat Pitt right now.

9/03/2017 4:09 pm  #3

Haha I agree with you and btw did you see Liberty beat Baylor?  I'm pretty SDSU would beat some FBS teams and they do travel to YSU later in the year!probably close matchup

9/03/2017 5:24 pm  #4

I like the kid from Liberty that the Steelers have on their practice squad, Hagen.

9/05/2017 7:21 am  #5

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Jackedforlife...Dukes weren't only team in town to find out quality of football in Missouri Valley Conference as YSU misses field goal at end of regulation then loses in OT to Pitt! Good luck rest of the season

Thanks Judge! Yeah the Valley had a strong showing opening week with 3 of the 4 losses coming to FBS opponents. Mo St played Mizzou in what almost looked like a basketball score. UNI played ok at Iowa St and YSU almost pulled off a big win. IN St kinda blew it late and gave the game to Eastern IL. In the winning games MVFC teams scored 77, 72, 51, 45, 41. The 2 high scorers weren't really tested at all but will be this week.

Good Luck to the Dukes the rest of the season, hopefully they run the conference and make the playoffs.

12/09/2017 11:35 am  #6

Good luck today Jackedforlife and SDSU Jack Rabbits

12/11/2017 4:56 pm  #7

Thanks Judge! it was a great game that was eerily reminiscent of the Duquesne game...I really hope this week it is another win and this time over another Dukes program in JMU. Tall task for us but this team is locked in and I think stands a good chance. Hope all is  well in western PA and if anyone is interested in rooting for the Jackrabbits the game is on Saturday the 16th at 4:30pm EST on ESPN-U... Go Jacks!!!

12/11/2017 5:56 pm  #8

Thanks for the update and I meant what I said at  the beginning of the season specifically,  SDSU is an extremely good football team with a few NFL  prospects! I think SDSU  would beat more than a few FBS teams and are a class program with passionate classy fans! For the first time in my life I will be rooting against  " the Dukes " haha and will be watching! Go Jacks

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (12/11/2017 5:58 pm)

12/12/2017 7:42 am  #9

I was thinking you might be conflicted rooting for the Jacks and against the Dukes but I think it helps that it's the JMU Dukes. Thanks for the extra support, we will need it but as they say...to be the best you have to beat the best.

Maybe someday the Jacks will return the favor and come to Rooney field, that's a road trip I'm willing to make.

12/12/2017 1:02 pm  #10

I believe that you guys are very capable of going all the way if you play your game. YSU seemed to keep your extremely talented offense of the field. I don't think many teams will stop you

Board footera