Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2018 11:10 am  #1

Duquesne vs GW

Duquesne will have a nationally televised game tomorrow afternoon against George Washington. These teams have been considered among the top of the conference the past handful of years and this one should not disappoint.

I have this preview on the game.

http://dystpittsburgh.com/duquesne-wbbs-defensive-improvements-to-be-tested-against-gw/

1/12/2018 10:14 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne vs GW

Looks like their 6'5 center has been out for sometime. They don't have nearly the height they usually have.

1/12/2018 11:30 pm  #3

WashPaRick wrote:

Looks like their 6'5 center has been out for sometime. They don't have nearly the height they usually have.

She did play against VCU but that was for six minutes. She was of course held out against George Mason. With her status unknown, Duquesne has had to scout with the possibility of her in and out of the game. If she is out, it may come down to feeding the posts more and trying to take advantage in that way and even if she does play, how long she would play is up in the air. 

1/13/2018 9:12 am  #4

Wear 'em down with our depth!

1/13/2018 1:29 pm  #5

Up 10 early 4th.

Last edited by WashPaRick (1/13/2018 1:30 pm)

1/13/2018 1:48 pm  #6

Trying to give it away. Up 3 under a minute.

1/13/2018 1:58 pm  #7

1 point win. G.W. misses last shot.

1/13/2018 3:25 pm  #8

It's a GREAT DAY FOR BASKETBALL!!!   Ladies win!!! -  Guys Win!!

1/13/2018 3:44 pm  #9

Awesome day.  Come home for some more wins.

1/15/2018 4:19 pm  #10

My wife and I were there for the game.  Wild finish.  Duquesne fortunate to hang on for the win.  And while a 14-3 record (and perfect in Conference play), suggests many things are going right for the Dukes, the GW game exposed some vulnerabilities that I'm sure Dan and his assistants will be addressing.  The biggest challenge is effectively responding to high pressure defense from quick, athletic (yet disciplined) teams like GW.  Two of the early losses also came from pressure defense. 

1/16/2018 10:39 am  #11

In the games like this we really miss Nina ´`s playmaking abitlity. In current starting line up there are actually two shooting  guard and none pure point.

Board footera