Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2018 8:01 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders

duq81 wrote:

Can we make a free throw?

I remember seeing a stat that Tarin was shooting close to 75%. Since then he has to be shooting 50% or less.

1/24/2018 8:10 pm  #27

Wow another terrible start to the half. 11-0 run right now for Richmond.

1/24/2018 8:10 pm  #28

Guards can't throw it in the ocean. 4-19 and 1-11 from three. Brutal man.

1/24/2018 8:13 pm  #29

The Dukes can't make a layup or put back, either.

1/24/2018 8:56 pm  #30

Another OT... My heart can't take it.

1/24/2018 8:56 pm  #31

Good no call he took a dive.

1/24/2018 8:57 pm  #32

From the Iron Dukes to the Overtime Dukes!

1/24/2018 9:14 pm  #33

Ashame. If only Lewis or Castro-Cannedy would have showed up just a little. Williams was a stud.

1/24/2018 9:15 pm  #34

Played with fire once too often.

1/24/2018 9:15 pm  #35

Our luck ran out. Just couldn't make enough shots tonight. Played with heart though.

1/24/2018 9:17 pm  #36

Hopefully this will be a earning experiance.  This is not the year...so development is the key.  This loss has to make them better or it was a waste. I am hoping Lewis really works on his game in the off-season.  Lots of positives....but a ways to go yet.

1/24/2018 9:23 pm  #37

Shake it off.    Good game.

1/24/2018 9:23 pm  #38

Some times Castro plays so bad it is almost like he is playing for the mob.  I thought that the refs hosed us in overtime.

1/24/2018 9:29 pm  #39

Make a few free throws, and it's a different outcome.

1/24/2018 9:34 pm  #40

I don't really believe in moral victories, but this one came close.  A Jim Ferry team would have gone down by 30 and picked garbage time points to cut it to nine. Not this team. Fought back, didn't quite. It just didn't fall at the end.

BTW, I ****ing hate Richmond with burning fire of a thousand suns. They are like the Brewers to the Pirates over that stretch. I hate this team! I hate this team! I hate this team!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/24/2018 9:46 pm  #41

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I don't really believe in moral victories, but this one came close.  A Jim Ferry team would have gone down by 30 and picked garbage time points to cut it to nine. Not this team. Fought back, didn't quite. It just didn't fall at the end.

BTW, I ****ing hate Richmond with burning fire of a thousand suns. They are like the Brewers to the Pirates over that stretch. I hate this team! I hate this team! I hate this team!

The Jim Ferry teams would have lost a 14 point lead in the last 2:00 to suck the life out of all of us.

1/24/2018 10:00 pm  #42

It's really tough when you're basically playing 3 vs 5 when we have the ball.

1/24/2018 10:17 pm  #43

tough loss.  couple of nickle-dimers in OT, gave them a couple free points.  RCC, ENOUGH dribbling around.  
Their big almost lost them the game with that tech.  What an idiot!  
Lewis hits a 3 down the stretch and we win.  We never made them get out of their game.  Always passing, and cutting.  
oh well, URI can lose.  Noon tipoff might catch them at a bad time of day.  Who knows.
I wouldnt mind if E double took every shot.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/24/2018 10:17 pm)

1/24/2018 10:18 pm  #44

Despite the fact that they shot poorly they were still in the lead in OT until the one ref, who was protecting Richmond the whole game, just took total control making 4 straight phantom calls, all against the Dukes.  The rebound foul on Lewis probably cost us the game.  Lewis had inside position rebounded and scored; but they called him for an offensive foul.  Two fouls off the ball on defense and another offensive foul on Duquesne, and the game was handed to Richmond.  A complete atrocity.  This league really sucks in terms of having the worst officials in the country!  I guess that clown bet on Richmond!

1/24/2018 10:33 pm  #45

levon1975 wrote:

Despite the fact that they shot poorly they were still in the lead in OT until the one ref, who was protecting Richmond the whole game, just took total control making 4 straight phantom calls, all against the Dukes. The rebound foul on Lewis probably cost us the game. Lewis had inside position rebounded and scored; but they called him for an offensive foul. Two fouls off the ball on defense and another offensive foul on Duquesne, and the game was handed to Richmond. A complete atrocity. This league really sucks in terms of having the worst officials in the country! I guess that clown bet on Richmond!

So true. 

Dukes started flat both halves and couldn't finish inside when they could've pounded the Spiders there and they got torched on the defensive end. Can't be getting back cut that easily to start the game. Poor finishing at the rim, an 0-fer from the line in the first half and too many bad turnovers vs another matchup type zone/d were hard to stomach.

No quit in the team though and they fought so hard to get all the way back to take the lead. Would've been sweet to stick it to Golden for that jagoff play that you could point to where the rally started. It was right to ride Tarin the second half as his hustle play help spark the rally and he's the guy we have to break down those types of defeneses we've seen them face the last two games. E Williams Jr keeps on being amazing.

I'm not proud of it as I don't go to games to yell at refs, I'm there to watch basketball and root on Duquesne but I've never yelled at the refs as much as tonight. Just two different sides of the floor officiated completely different, with the commish McGlade in the house, no less. I don't live or die by these rankings, but KenPom now ranks refs based on their assignments for big games etc, and somehow this crew scores really well. The VCU game for example had the one ref making some of the more dubious calls unranked as well as one in the La Salle game. In the end, Brent Hampton would not let the Spiders be denied in OT.

Just hope they are ready to go Saturday and play a good 40. The way URI has played it will be obviously the hardest game they have in league, but there's nothing to lose. Tonight's will hurt.

Last edited by Brian (1/24/2018 10:37 pm)

1/24/2018 11:28 pm  #46

My only fear is that this team will go the way of the 11 conference game winning streak team who lost at Bona and fell apart.

Some times the guards revert to Ferry Mode and shoot threes from everywhere.

Eric Williams, Jr is a blue chipper but much needed help are transfers and recruits, not the rest of returning team.

Tonite they fought back but couldn’t finish, just like Ferry’s teams.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/24/2018 11:57 pm  #47

Mike Lewis is not shooting the ball. Hate to point the obvious and sound like that but him Castro and Tarin got to pick it up.

Williams Jr is pretty darn consistent for us. If we just penetrate and pass it to him for open threes more we can be dangerous and put him in more pick and rolls

1/25/2018 5:56 am  #48

Even in defeat, the tone of the board is vastly improved.

Go Dukes!

1/25/2018 7:02 am  #49

Phildog wrote:

Some times the guards revert to Ferry Mode and shoot threes from everywhere.

I know, I know, there wer​e five or six possessions where I was practically screaming at the tv, "Slow Down!  Slow Down!" And just cringed as a poor shot went up with about 19 seconds on the shot clock, usually after a key stop or turnover.I have noticed this in other games as well.  I think Keith is still breaking the colts.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/25/2018 7:39 am  #50

There,s actually posters on the Richmond board who think they got the short end of the calls. They also said that one of our transfers ( wearing a tie dye t shirt } shouldered bumped their Howard Stern looking center. Anyone know who sported the tie dye last night. I did notice one of the transfers say something to Golden that got his attention.

Board footera