Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2018 9:31 am  #1

Pittsburgh Basketball Club’s Hall of Fame

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/20180201/former-prep-stars-oscar-gabe-jackson-set-to-enter-hall-together

3 former Dukes being inducted - Oscar Jackson, Moe Barr and Ron Stevenson.

2/02/2018 9:55 am  #2

Re: Pittsburgh Basketball Club’s Hall of Fame

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/20180201/former-prep-stars-oscar-gabe-jackson-set-to-enter-hall-together

3 former Dukes being inducted - Oscar Jackson, Moe Barr and Ron Stevenson.

I saw both Moe and OJ play many games for the Dukes and once met Oscar in a business setting, he was a really cool guy. After Moe Barr's playing days ended I was seated across the isle at the arena at a game and spied Moe. We are both about the same age and Moe was beginning his career with a beer distributor Corp. Operation. Another good guy and star player that appreciated the fans support and being remembered.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/02/2018 11:20 am  #3

Scott Nedrow?

2/02/2018 3:14 pm  #4

ElDuque wrote:

Scott Nedrow?

Scott was a 6-3 / 6-4 swingman type ball player. He attended Ringold High School.

He was a good college player , "Hall of Fame" worthy - Not quite in my opinion.

Perhaps if there was a "Hall of the Pretty Good " he could be inducted in that one instead.

2/02/2018 7:12 pm  #5

6ppg. He was benchworthy.

2/02/2018 8:33 pm  #6

ghost wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Scott Nedrow?

Scott was a 6-3 / 6-4 swingman type ball player. He attended Ringold High School.

He was a good college player , "Hall of Fame" worthy - Not quite in my opinion.

Perhaps if there was a "Hall of the Pretty Good " he could be inducted in that one instead.

What did Nedrow do at Ringgold? This has to be based on his high school career, as he was the very definition of a role player at Pitt.

2/02/2018 8:53 pm  #7

After looking at the players in their Hall Of Fame, and the listed criteria, I'm left shaking my head. Curtis Aiken, but no Charles Smith, or Jerome Lane? None of the great Dukes from the 50s, nor are Don Hennon, or Maurice Stokes included. Norm Nixon? Nope! Where are Chipper Harris, and Forrest Grant? Horrible!

Board footera