Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2018 12:10 pm  #1

Attendance for Bonas

Presale for the Bonas game looks pretty good.   All the blue seats on both sides are sold and about 1/2 of the red seats on the bench side.   With a good walk up and students, hopefully we can be in the 3,500 to 4,000 range.

Of course, that will be with a good amount of Bona fans.   Who will annoying yell, "Lets Go Bonas" during the national anthem.  

2/02/2018 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Attendance for Bonas

Doubleheader Saturday!
Robert Morris -FDU at 2 and Duquesne - St. Bonaventure at 6:30.
Great way to spend a Saturday.
Would love to see a big turnout at Palumbo!

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

2/02/2018 12:32 pm  #3

I’ll skip the RMU game thanks. I’m concerned about DU.

2/02/2018 2:12 pm  #4

duqkurt wrote:

I’ll skip the RMU game thanks. I’m concerned about DU.

+1. RMU to me is that small yippy dawg biting at our heels trying to claim to be a better program. Talk to me when your playing someone besides Sacred Heart and Bryant in your conference schedule.

Last edited by Duques102 (2/02/2018 2:12 pm)

2/02/2018 2:13 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

Presale for the Bonas game looks pretty good.   All the blue seats on both sides are sold and about 1/2 of the red seats on the bench side.   With a good walk up and students, hopefully we can be in the 3,500 to 4,000 range.

Of course, that will be with a good amount of Bona fans.   Who will annoying yell, "Lets Go Bonas" during the national anthem.  

How can you see this Kurt? Would like to check it as Saturday evening draws closer

2/02/2018 2:28 pm  #6

Duques102 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

How can you see this Kurt? Would like to check it as Saturday evening draws closer

Used to go to Olean, NY on business, all the peeps and newspapers refer to St, Bonaventure as “Bona “.there and they always packed the Reilly Center for games. Good fans who always treated me well at games as a Duquesne fan , and afterwards at the Beef and Barrell bar in town

A diehard fan since 1961

2/02/2018 2:47 pm  #7

Duques102 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I went to the Duquesne website and clicked on individual game tickets. 

http://www.goduquesne.com/tickets/m-baskbl-tickets.html

Here is the link.   Then I'd try to buy tickets for the Bonaventure game   When you submit the request it will show you the open seats in the section and what is available to buy

You can't get two together in A-1 to A-4 or in A-6 to A-8 so all those seats have been sold.  Also sold out (for two together) is A-5 the seats in the endzone opposite the student section. 

I tried to buy two together in sections B-7 and B-8 and those sections are all sold except for the last few rows.   B-6 and B-9 appear to be half sold.   So after those sections people will start sitting in upper B.  

I do this before home games just to see how many they will be getting.  Only the Mason game had the blue seats sold out before the day of the game.   Not even Dayton.  So with a decent walkup, B-6 through B-9 should be filled as well.   Upper B Seats.   

Last edited by duqkurt (2/02/2018 2:55 pm)

2/02/2018 3:48 pm  #8

duqkurt wrote:

I think back to the Dayton game during the review of the altercation between Chas and Greek Freak's brother how the incident coupled with the UD fans "Let's Go Flyers" chant woke up our crowd and the Dukes definitely owned the play for the rest of the half and we know how it ended.
I then think back to Golden's antics in the Richmond game really [ticking] off the fans and the players responding with a huge run when everything about Duquesne looked dead before the incident.
All that said, I'm kind of hoping for Bona fans to act like it is their house and rile up the home fans from the jump for anyone that needs a little something to make them a little angry and cheer louder.

2/02/2018 3:51 pm  #9

This will be the first home game I will unable to attend this year. Private message me if you would like my ticket. I have one in the A5 end zone section.

Will be watching on TV, go Dukes!

2/02/2018 3:52 pm  #10

Only the Dukes game for me as well. RMU might want a change of venue after last night's showing at PPG. They trailed 36-6 with about 4 minutes to go in the first half in route to a 25 point home loss to the Mount.

2/02/2018 4:54 pm  #11

Lighten up guys it's basketball.
Duquesne is my team and I will have my red on tomorrow night but I love college basketball.
I don't care who is playing.
I was there last night. The Mount had a 27-0 run. 
I have never seen anything like it and I've see a lot of hoops in my 64 years.

John Adams

2/02/2018 5:34 pm  #12

Ghost of Walter White wrote:

Duquesne is my team and I will have my red on tomorrow night but I love college basketball.

Hey more power to ya, nothing wrong with going to RMU games it's just not my cup of tea. I love college basketball too, but am weird about teams that my teams play routinely (Pitt and RMU, AFC North, Cubs and Cards). I don't like them and hope they lose but again, just my own opinion.

2/02/2018 6:52 pm  #13

No problem Duques 102!
I respect your passion.
Tomorrow night is going to be a blast.

John Adams

2/02/2018 7:19 pm  #14

First time I heard the "Let's go Bonas" chant, I thought I was hearing "ers."

Thought their campus might have been a bit too secluded.

2/02/2018 7:26 pm  #15

I apologize for the snarky remark as well G of Walter Whit

2/02/2018 7:36 pm  #16

Ghost of Walter White wrote:

I watched a bit of the rmu game too. They were absolutely awful. They have some talent every year, but they have been killed by the constant roster turnover. I'm shocked their coach hasn't left yet. I think he's a good young coach and talent evaluator.

2/02/2018 8:06 pm  #17

As previously said it looks as though a bunch of tix have been sold. If its close to 3500 tomorrow that place will be rockin!

2/02/2018 10:45 pm  #18

I got the last 2 seats left in the blue end zone seats.
Let's make some noise................
In the immortal words of Bill Parcells " This is why ya lift all them weights!"

John Adams

2/03/2018 1:30 am  #19

i've been told that presales for this game are higher than any AJP game in the last few years

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/03/2018 12:57 pm  #20

[b][b]Used to go to Olean, NY on business, all the peeps and newspapers refer to St, Bonaventure as “Bona “.there and they always packed the Reilly Center for games. Good fans who always treated me well at games as a Duquesne fan , and afterwards at the Beef and Barrell bar in town

Phil - I prefer the Hickey in Allegany, just off campus. Lou Ruby loves to have a blackberry brandy with his out-of-town guests. Great guy, great pub.
[/b][/b]

2/04/2018 10:39 am  #21

The place was rocking...  then an audible collective groan when Williams shot went off the rim at the end...

If that shot would have gone down, Palumbo would have had an earthquake...

Last edited by coffee (2/04/2018 10:43 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera