Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2018 12:26 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (Home)

If they're confident in their ability they will probably embrace the challenge.

2/04/2018 12:48 pm  #52

Godukes2017 wrote:

Not enough shots to go around for everyone next year.. Ever think of that? Lewis and Williams Jr won’t stay. I don’t see it happening

Are you basing this on anything other than your own opinion? Because I've seen nothing from either player to suggest that they are in any way selfish. In fact, both players want to play in the pros where shots are not easy to come by.

2/04/2018 12:57 pm  #53

You aren’t getting what I’m saying. We have Tavian, Brandon, Smith, Frankie Hughes, Craig Randall.. tell me all there enough shots for all of them? Let’s be real here

2/04/2018 1:26 pm  #54

Godukes2017 wrote:

You aren’t getting what I’m saying. We have Tavian, Brandon, Smith, Frankie Hughes, Craig Randall.. tell me all there enough shots for all of them? Let’s be real here

I don't really get what you are saying. If they transfer, they'd get no shots next year because they'd have to sit out. And, unless they are transferring to a worse school, shots are going to be few and far between. Plus, mike Lewis is used to having to share shots since he played with the NBA rookie of the year in high school.

2/04/2018 1:46 pm  #55

Dukes2012 wrote:

Plus, mike Lewis is used to having to share shots since he played with the NBA rookie of the year in high school.

​yeah I remember watching MIke Lewis in high school and his teammates were guys headed to places like Kansas and Duke.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/04/2018 2:10 pm  #56

No way Williams sits out a year. He didn't want to sit out a couple of seconds at the Dunks and donuts event.

2/04/2018 2:11 pm  #57

I don’t want them to leave but Williams is averaging 15 and 9 and shooting 40% from the 3. People will contact him

2/04/2018 2:17 pm  #58

Coach Dambrot is building a program. To do that players have to put in 4 years then pass the torch to the next group.

None of the incoming players are guaranteed anything. Lewis and Williams start next year, and the year after. Lewis is the face of the program.

They're not going anywhere.

2/04/2018 2:47 pm  #59

This talk is bs.  Plain and simple.  People want to sabatoge their own program. SMH.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/04/2018 2:50 pm)

2/04/2018 2:48 pm  #60

Any evidence that they want to leave??? 

Here's the Trib article that Isiaha Mike Facetimed Lewis that he regrets leaving.  They will stay for something pretty special!

http://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/13256158-74/in-wake-of-success-ex-duquesne-forward-isiaha-mike-regrets-transferring

Too bad he didn't stay.  He'd be the one scoring forward they needed.

Last edited by coffee (2/04/2018 2:51 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/04/2018 2:56 pm  #61

Yeah Lewis isn’t going anywhere. His girlfriend goes to duq, he’s the face of the program and if he didn’t leave after last season why would he leave now that we are packing AJ?

I don’t want Williams to leave but there always is a chance.

At the end of the of the day we have to remember it’s not the players it’s just coaching staff. Jim ferry would have these same players losing game after game after game.

Roll Dukes Roll

2/04/2018 4:08 pm  #62

Box & One wrote:

Those of us watching from a distance on the NBC feed, did you notice the sound quality when they tapped into the Ray Goss play by play?
It was very good,

But when I listen via the IHeart feed - the sound quality is equal to transmissions on a short wave walkie talkie.  Garbage.

Anybody have insights?

I am a huge fan of Ray Goss play by play, but the IHeart feed does him no justice.

They are telephone hookups that radio stations use, the tv feed must have been direct because it sounded like the tv announcers during the game.

I agree the sync for the tv stream with I heart is hard to listen to, but not as bad as the Jagoff from St Louis or GW. Ray knows basked ball in and out, those others are amatuers.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/04/2018 4:20 pm  #63

Godukes2017 wrote:

I don’t want them to leave but Williams is averaging 15 and 9 and shooting 40% from the 3. People will contact him

You seem to be encouraging this bull****. We have plenty of good things to talk about without this nonsense.

2/04/2018 4:35 pm  #64

I'm with you 81', it's almost like some try to encourage, either intentionally or unintentionally, undermining our program.  Bull...... is right!

2/04/2018 4:46 pm  #65

We say it’s bullshit now. Watch the chaos next year with 15 players pretty much all capable of getting high minutes.

2/04/2018 4:55 pm  #66

Godukes2017 wrote:

We say it’s bullshit now. Watch the chaos next year with 15 players pretty much all capable of getting high minutes.

​So what's the solution?  Should Dambrot stop recruiting good players?  Is that what they do at Duke, Kansas, & Kentucky?

2/04/2018 5:05 pm  #67

Officer Dribble wrote:

Godukes2017 wrote:

​So what's the solution?  Should Dambrot stop recruiting good players?  Is that what they do at Duke, Kansas, & Kentucky?

And one.

2/04/2018 5:18 pm  #68

He’s probably an Armpitt fan or RMU for that matter.  We’ll be dancing in 2019.  Write it down.

2/04/2018 5:27 pm  #69

Sheesh! Negative comments following failure were one thing. Negative comments following success? Pop an oxy, dude, and chill....

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/04/2018 6:23 pm  #70

Godukes2017 wrote:

Players do transfer after being beaten out, rarely before. I could see a TV transferring if the freshmen beat him out, and he was stuck on the bench, but there's no guarantee that TV won't work hard on his game, and make it difficult to take him off the floor. All good teams have more good players than they can play. That's not what you were selling. You were selling that because EW, and ML are good, they would be looking to go big time. Moving up works for some players, but it's a gamble. For every Eric Paschal, there are 5 guys who end up sitting on the bench. Those big schools bring a Mike Lewis type (or better) every year. It's easy to get buried on the bench. If the Dukes were still garbage, I'd buy your way of thinking. Since they're not, I don't. Most likely, they would end up at an also ran P5 school, doing a lot of losing.

2/04/2018 6:58 pm  #71

I’m a Duquesne fan but half you don’t understand how it works. You’ll learn, not everything will be a straight peak next year

2/04/2018 7:21 pm  #72

Will enjoy this year, this year.

Will enjoy next year's team when the time comes, if KD is here then things will be fine.

He said he would be.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/04/2018 8:01 pm  #73

Godukes2017 wrote:

I’m a Duquesne fan but half you don’t understand how it works. You’ll learn, not everything will be a straight peak next year

Everyone understands how it works.  People are tired of negativity.   Why piss all over everything when things are going well?

Last edited by duqkurt (2/04/2018 9:02 pm)

2/04/2018 10:55 pm  #74

Dear GoDukes,
I have dealt with folks going into rants against me because I said Ferry should be fired, I’ve dealt with years of losing, and dealt with folks talking about the past forever. You are a first... making up crap about good players transferring. I’ll say this once. I will never respond to any talk from you again regarding this. You are either in need of attention, a spammer from another school, or something else that I won’t mention. You have a right to post your opinions but you will not hear from me or others when you post this garbage.

2/04/2018 11:16 pm  #75

You dealt with all this losing so you can’t handle what I’m saying? What I’m saying is not garbage

Board footera