Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2018 8:16 am  #1

Is it so hard?

I mean for the traditional media beat writers to do a pre game article on WBB?

20 wins people.

That's news.

2/10/2018 8:56 am  #2

Re: Is it so hard?

Almost gave a line from "The Office" here...

They do deserve the coverage!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/10/2018 9:46 am  #3

the trib has stepped up on the mens side.
WTAE has done some nice features on both teams lately.

I thought this was a pretty cool read by Jay Bilas. It was his best 68 teams. posted the other day. 
Jay knows whats up on the bluff. i know its about St. B and J. Adams, but just the fact JB is mentioning the dukes in a good way, is pretty cool. shows how far this team has come

67. St. Bonaventure Bonnies
The Bonnies have won four straight. Wins over Syracuse, Maryland and Vermont help their NCAA tournament case. Still, St. Bonaventure will likely have to win the Atlantic 10 tournament to get into the field. Since his injury, Jaylen Adams is averaging more than 18 points on 47 percent shooting from deep. Adams put 40 on an improved Duquesne team on Saturday.

​fwiw, i think a switch to zone in that game would have causes adams to go off for 50...if you aren't used to practicing zone, the movements and rotations and collapsing can cause significant problems. Schmidt wouldve had tarquoe and mobley, drive and kick out to adams for even more wide open attempts as the dukes guards wouldve collapsed inside..

2/10/2018 10:12 am  #4

The Fan 93.7 in Pittsburgh is a joke.   They never ever give DU women’s scores.  Yesterday they gave an RMU women’s hockey score and a Pitt women’s softball score. 

Jeff Hawthorne the news director there is a tv play by play announcer for Pitt women’s basketball on ACC Network and is friends with SMS.  I don’t think that has a lot to do with no scores on the fan.  And since SMS is in the toilet again this season they never mention Pitt wbb.

And Dunlap and Colony in the morning always maintain some sort of DU grudge.   

Honestly it’s rare they give the DU men’s scores in the morning. 

And then there is the one reporter who just lifts off this message board to report stuff.

2/12/2018 8:41 am  #5

they gave the scores every 20 minutes Saturday night, almost as if they were happy we lost 2x.

Board footera