Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2018 10:53 pm  #1

Greetings from Hawk Hill

The Hawks were preseason picks for 3rd in the A10 but in our opening game we lost our starting point guard Fresh Kimble for the season for the 2nd consecutive year and a sophomore who had set the school record for threes as a freshman who had 10 NBA scouts in watching early practices suffered a severe wrist fracture that required surgery before the season began and has yet to return.

Last year's leading scorer when he went down current senior Shavar Newkirk is playing after late Feb. ACL surgery last year but is 10% overall and for threes shooting worse than before his injury.

Like the Dukes they've had some close losses. An almost unimaginable 6 games by one field goal or less and 4 more by two field goals or less.

I noticed on your site that Duquesne is offering their season ticket holders discounted A10 Tournament tickets and if anyone is willing to share the information I'd be interested in knowing what the discount(s) might be.  SJU is currently conducting a search for a new Athletic Director after Don DiJulia retires at the end of this school year and I'd like to suggest we do something similar.

With the earlier start time of 6 PM on a Saturday I suspect some of you as well as Philadelphia area alumni may be coming to the game.  If you're interested in a serious Philly Cheesesteak Mama's Pizzeria is just off City Avenue and less than 2 miles from Hagan Arena. Their address is 426 Belmont Ave, Bala Cynwyd,  There are several chain restaurants along City Ave. and a Landmark Americana restaurant and bar just across 54th Street from the arena but that is often packed before games.

Also on 54th Street right by Landmark is Larry's Steaks.  Not quite as good as Mama's but it's been a staple for Hawks for decades and was once a favorite of Kobe Bryant when he played at Lower Merion High School just a few miles away'

Other than Saturday and perhaps in DC should we get a chance to play again good luck the rest of the way.

2/16/2018 12:07 am  #2

Re: Greetings from Hawk Hill

JoeCabrey wrote:

The Hawks were preseason picks for 3rd in the A10 but in our opening game we lost our starting point guard Fresh Kimble for the season for the 2nd consecutive year and a sophomore who had set the school record for threes as a freshman who had 10 NBA scouts in watching early practices suffered a severe wrist fracture that required surgery before the season began and has yet to return.

Last year's leading scorer when he went down current senior Shavar Newkirk is playing after late Feb. ACL surgery last year but is 10% overall and for threes shooting worse than before his injury.

Like the Dukes they've had some close losses. An almost unimaginable 6 games by one field goal or less and 4 more by two field goals or less.

I noticed on your site that Duquesne is offering their season ticket holders discounted A10 Tournament tickets and if anyone is willing to share the information I'd be interested in knowing what the discount(s) might be.  SJU is currently conducting a search for a new Athletic Director after Don DiJulia retires at the end of this school year and I'd like to suggest we do something similar.

With the earlier start time of 6 PM on a Saturday I suspect some of you as well as Philadelphia area alumni may be coming to the game.  If you're interested in a serious Philly Cheesesteak Mama's Pizzeria is just off City Avenue and less than 2 miles from Hagan Arena. Their address is 426 Belmont Ave, Bala Cynwyd,  There are several chain restaurants along City Ave. and a Landmark Americana restaurant and bar just across 54th Street from the arena but that is often packed before games.

Also on 54th Street right by Landmark is Larry's Steaks.  Not quite as good as Mama's but it's been a staple for Hawks for decades and was once a favorite of Kobe Bryant when he played at Lower Merion High School just a few miles away'

Other than Saturday and perhaps in DC should we get a chance to play again good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks Joe!

2/16/2018 6:37 am  #3

Re: Greetings from Hawk Hill

If this would have been an early game I would have made the road trip. Timing was bad for me.

Board footera