Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2018 10:07 am  #1

Game Thread - Saint Joseph's Hawks

6:00pm EST tip on Saturday 02/17/2018 at Hagen Arena, Philadelphia, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #193 (15-11; 6-7) vs Saint Joseph's #149 (11-14; 6-7)
Saint Joseph's projected to finish 7th (9-9) in the 14 team Atlantic 10 Conference; Dukes projected to finish 9th (8-10)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 7, 75-68 - Dukes with 26% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 7½ point underdogs; Over/Under 142½
Duquesne 10-8 Against the Spread: Saint Joseph's 12-11 ATS

Saint Joseph's Best Win(s): St. Bonaventure (62); Bucknell (112)
Saint Joseph's Worst Loss(es): George Mason (218); GW (215); UMass (207)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate
Top 100 ranking overall or top 3 in conference noted as a strength; Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 3 in conference as a weakness.

Here's a look at Saint Joseph's for the season:
Offensive Strength:  Turnover % (1)
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebounding (314); Effective FG% (308)
Defensive Strength:  Doesn't Foul (9); Doesn't allow Offensive Rebounds (17)
Defensive Weakness:  Does not force turnovers (274)

Here's a look at Saint Joseph's in conference (14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Turnover % (1); Getting to the FT Line (2)
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebounding (13); Effective FG% (12)
Defensive Strength:  Doesn't Foul (1); Doesn't allow Offensive Rebounds (2)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 351 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Getting to the FT Line (89); Offensive Rebounds (34)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  Effective FG% (94)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at the Dukes in conference (14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebounds (3)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Allows Offensive Rebounds (12)

2/17/2018 11:58 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - Saint Joseph's Hawks

If you go to the Duquesne sites preview for today's game it mentions the contest will be streamed on the A10 site but subscription is required. If you click on the link, it takes you to the A10 site and the streaming link for tonight's game has a big banner on it saying FREE. Just a heads up.

Hoping we can right the ship today. Dukes need to find an answer to the extended pressure teams have been applying in the half court on us for the past two weeks. It has totally disrupted the offense, we've had a week to work on that. Want to see us also be tougher on the boards, we've been getting killed on the glass in the last couple.

2/17/2018 1:11 pm  #3

Duques102 wrote:

If you go to the Duquesne sites preview for today's game it mentions the contest will be streamed on the A10 site but subscription is required. If you click on the link, it takes you to the A10 site and the streaming link for tonight's game has a big banner on it saying FREE. Just a heads up.

If this is true, may prosperity reach your family for generations.
Meanwhile, come out to Palumbo for the 11-2 WBB Senior Day

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/17/2018 2:42 pm  #4

2/17/2018 6:36 pm  #5

Zero points from Lewis and Williams. Those two have lost all of their confidence.

2/17/2018 6:45 pm  #6

Good close to the half. Down five despite our two best players struggling mightily.

2/17/2018 6:49 pm  #7

Lewis and Williams are liabilities at this point. If they're logging 25-30 minutes a game this team isn't winning any more games this season. A week off and they come out and shoot a combined 1-11 and 1-7 from three. This has been the case in this recent downturn. Kudos to the rest of the guys who are playing hard and contributing.

2/17/2018 6:50 pm  #8

Have to keep finding ways to score without the main guys. Gotta keep that big guy from getting all those open looks.

2/17/2018 7:13 pm  #9

I tried to put my hand through my computer and pull Lewis and Williams out of the game to no avail. Now a combined 3-20 from the floor. Wake up coach.

2/17/2018 7:42 pm  #10

Just not good enough players.  Not like St Joes is loaded but they have guys who makes plays.

2/17/2018 7:42 pm  #11

Rayrich wrote:

I tried to put my hand through my computer and pull Lewis and Williams out of the game to no avail. Now a combined 3-20 from the floor. Wake up coach.

Unfortunately there is no alternative. We only have four guys capable of scoring on this roster, and those are two of them.

2/17/2018 7:43 pm  #12

Dambrot is acting LIKE a fool. ( I capitalized that word so nobody jumps on me for saying the coach IS a fool.) After a week off, the coaching is in no better position than the playing. I am beginning to worry about this man.

2/17/2018 7:48 pm  #13

Chill Phil.   Next year will be a lot different.

2/17/2018 7:48 pm  #14

Williams showing some heart at the end. 

2/17/2018 7:49 pm  #15

So much for a mid-week bye being a tonic. Atrocious game,

2/17/2018 8:07 pm  #16

Worst team in the league right now and it's not solely for lack of talent. Just got smoked by a lousy St. Joe's team after having a week and fresh off an abysmal performance against a lousy Fordham team. These teams have a little or no talent. Inexcusable.

2/17/2018 8:09 pm  #17

Somerset24 wrote:

Chill Phil. Next year will be a lot different.

To be clear, I am concerned that KD is really feeling the stress. It has been many years since he has been in this spot & he isn't showing very well in the most public of ways. 

Also, as usual with DU hoops, I remain completely unsure of what to expect for next season. The standard player attrition of modern college basketball, MLewis's struggles, & 10 new faces makes for an exceptional amount of variables.

I admire your faith.

2/17/2018 8:21 pm  #18

Williams Jr may have started slow and shot bad but he was in a slump. Every player has it . Finished with 18 and 12 and 4 stls. Relax

2/17/2018 8:26 pm  #19

Williams with the worst double double performance i've ever seen. Garbage time. No assists tells it all.

2/17/2018 8:34 pm  #20

I will give mike Lewis credit, he has really improved defensively. However, I think the effort he has put in on the defensive end has hurt his shot. He seems to have no legs left at this point in the season. When Mike is on, even his misses look good but a lot of his shots recently haven't even been close.

2/17/2018 8:44 pm  #21

Another horrible game for Mike Lewis.  He needs to put it in gear and finish strong or he may be the third option at SG next year behind Frankie Hughes and Craig Randall.  Don't really want to think beyond finishing strong this year, but the way I see it now Williams may be only returning player to start next year.  I really like Mike Lewis, and hope he will relax trust in himself and God and play like the all league player we all know he is capable of doing.    

2/17/2018 8:46 pm  #22

Rayrich wrote:

Williams with the worst double double performance i've ever seen. Garbage time. No assists tells it all.

His second half was garbage Time? He had 3 pts 2 reb in first half

2/17/2018 8:50 pm  #23

You guys wanna talk bad on Lewis and Williams when they do bad even if they can’t see this forum. You guys kill me

2/17/2018 10:28 pm  #24

Godukes2017 wrote:

You guys wanna talk bad on Lewis and Williams when they do bad even if they can’t see this forum. You guys kill me

I thought the effort was there and the Dukes never quit.  I have to agree that a few posts here were overly harsh.  Lewis had a bad game and he will be the first to admit he is in a slump.  I think he is putting too much pressure on himself.  As for Williams is is probably the best freshman we have seen on the Bluff in many years.  As a freshman he has his ups and downs,  But there have been many more ups.  These guys have not quit. don't quit on them.  

2/17/2018 11:29 pm  #25

Both Williams and Lewis are play makers, they can go much of the game with little success then score in bunches. Williams got around the rim tonight and was back to rebounding. I thought that some of the stripped balls and missed layups were caused by uncalled fouls.

It is harder to see losses after some stunning wins, but they gotta grind on in this balanced conference.

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera