Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2018 3:57 pm  #1

2 seed!

Women comeback to win at Bonas.

Fordham loses to Joes. 

I’m with ED.  The story of this season remains to be written.

2/24/2018 4:22 pm  #2

Re: 2 seed!

Another struggle against a bad team. I'm not as optimistic as you are.

2/24/2018 4:26 pm  #3

I was at work checkng score and i thought the app was broken.  If they can play 4Qs like they play the last 2Q, they would be dominate.

2/24/2018 4:33 pm  #4

Yes it was a struggle against a bad team.  But I prefer to remain optimistic.  They were down 14 in the second half and came back.  They could have quit. 

They play the winner of St Louis and UMass I believe in the quarters.  Probably the best matchup they could have hoped for.  If they make it to semis it will be a tough opponent.  But it better than being the 3 seed.

2/24/2018 5:08 pm  #5

I'm optimistic.  Despite it's faults and shortcomings we have a good team that can beat anyone else in this league.  I can't make the trip to Richmond so I will look forward to joining the team for the watch party for the NCAA Tournament selection show.

2/24/2018 6:10 pm  #6

A very nice comeback today!  The week off will allow the team to recharge and work on their needs. Looking forward to winning this year’s championship. The third time is a charm!

2/24/2018 8:49 pm  #7

The difference between the 2 seed and 3 seed was huge.  As 3 they would have to go through St Joes and Fordham.   

Now if they win just one of those teams.  That is significant.

2/24/2018 9:00 pm  #8

Made the trip - In the first half ladies probably played WORSE than they did against Fordham - Were probably fortunate to only be down 8!!  In the third quarter they played as well as they have all year.   St. Bonnie made some IMPROABLE 3's at the end  - Chassidy was superb from the line down the stretch and kept DU in it a little in the first half -  Paige had a strong second half -  team probably LOSES the game today without Amanda Kalin- She REALLY stepped it up when she got her chance - She at least slowed down Mariah Ruff for a while (SHE IS A PLAYER - WILL BE GLAD TO SEE HER GONE FROM SBU at the end of the year.

Reilly Center is a fairly nice venue to watch a game their fans seem to be MUCH more supportive (they just snapped a long losing streak have close to 20 losses - was in Spring Break) and I'd bet it was a bigger crowd than we have had at ANY home game.  (maybe because it is the ONLY game in town )

If nothing else 23-6 beats 22-7!!!!!!

2/25/2018 11:06 am  #9

Always good to win a Conference game on the road; especially with a great comeback.  23-6 is a significant improvement from last season and the 2nd place finish beats the preseason prediction by the A-10 coaches who picked the Dukes 4th.  A lot of good teams get upset late in the season ; so a couple of late losses to good teams should not diminish the successes or damage the team’s confidence.  Playing one fewer game in the A-10 tournament is big plus; reducing the wear and tear on the players and providing some time to recuperate. 
Hope to see the Dukes playing in the A-10 Championship game again this season!

Board footera