Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2018 7:09 pm  #1

Perspective

I know there has been some frustration the past month or so due to the losing streak, some of which was caused by our favorable nonconference and early conferences schedules. However, as I have watched URI dominate the league this year, I am reminded that Dan Hurley finished 8-21 his first season and 14-18 his second season at URI. KD is already ahead of the curve in his first year here. Keep the faith. Things will be fun soon.

2/27/2018 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Perspective

Dukes 2012, I want to say that my comments below are NOT in response or negative toward your comments.   I just wanted to comment without starting a new thread.  First, thanks for your perspective.  Second, unlike some folks, (and again, this isn't toward you) I see nothing wrong at all with folks or fans on this board with being frustrated.  I believe that folks are frustrated...probably so is the coach, because they want to win.  Sometimes I get frustrated when people who write something on this board that isn't all roses get beat up.  Yes, we knew that this would be a tough year and we knew the Dukes were picked to finish last.  We knew that the transfers and recruits will be playing next year...those who we hope will really have an impact.  With that said, the kids this year have played hard, saw some success, and can still see some success.  However,  I am okay with folks being frustrated because the team hasn't won as many as we want, though we knew it would be tough.  I often wonder if our losses would have been by larger margins that people would be accepting them more...which includes me at times.  Anyhow, this year has been sooo much better than the last 5 for me.  Go Dukes!

2/28/2018 8:08 am  #3

Re: Perspective

Dukes2012 wrote:

I know there has been some frustration the past month or so due to the losing streak, some of which was caused by our favorable nonconference and early conferences schedules. However, as I have watched URI dominate the league this year, I am reminded that Dan Hurley finished 8-21 his first season and 14-18 his second season at URI. KD is already ahead of the curve in his first year here. Keep the faith. Things will be fun soon.

I could not agree more. This is essentially Ferry's team, with the addition of EW,Tydus and Brown, but less I Mike, Sanders, etc. It would have been nice to win a few down the stretch, but they lost a lot of close games and were competitive against better teams. Many of you emphasized when KD was hired that year 2 and 3 is when we really see progress.  A strong finish would be nice, but regardless, the future is as bright as it was 5 weeks ago!

2/28/2018 12:17 pm  #4

Board footera