Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2018 10:55 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Saint Louis Billikens (home)

Tydus was 7 for 7 and 7 for 8 at the line. I hope this seals his confidence. He is a very fine ball handler which really became obvious tonight. Let's get a W at UMass to have the old mo' going into the tournament. I may be going but not not certain at this point.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/28/2018 11:17 pm  #27

It may have originated with KD working with Tydus on the anticipated half-court zone pressure. One of the needs on offense was to have height (and length) to get the ball forward in the forecourt against the zone press. (And we saw some turnovers when our guards got trapped,) 

Once Tydus got into the game on offense early, he showed some aggressiveness. With the defense leaving him space, he took it to the rim. Then after those fine moves, he got confident at the line in the second half. 

The Dukes' opponents all know they have to work around TV's rim defense. Now we know he has real potential to contribute on offense too. Not to mention, he looks like a good man-to-man defender as well.

3/01/2018 12:21 am  #28

I am so happy for players,coaches and  Dukes fan to pull off this win and put a stop to the losing.It was a big game,and the Dukes came up big down the stretch .Beat Umass.

3/01/2018 6:23 am  #29

I've been waiting all season for Tydus to have one of these games. He's a talented kid, and he and Williams Jr. and Lewis II are great building blocks, especially with all of the talent coming in.

​Who'd have thought that the last game of the season -- a road game -- would be this big for us? Let's go get a big win and start the A10 Tournament with some momentum.

3/01/2018 6:28 am  #30

Dukes control their immediate future.  A win ensures a winning season, which is something considering the presason rankings.  A win gets us out of the play in round of the A10T, and a win may likely get us a CBI bid(via a winning record).
It wont be easy, on the road, senior night at UMass.  Who knows if they will be up for a fight or not, but I think our guys will be.
If TV's mom came to town and helped him relax and put up those numbers, lets rent her any apartment in the 'Burgh for the next 3 years!!

3/01/2018 6:57 am  #31

Great Game - Happy for the kids - I personally thought the officials were fair to each side.

3/01/2018 9:44 am  #32

My sentiments are with you guys, good win for the kids and program.  TV has the athletic ability and skill set to be at least a decent offensive player - it has always been the confidence issue - which is true for a lot of freshman.  EW is the exception, as KD said (again) on the post game EW is confident and believes he has superior ability.  Kind of like the guy who misses a shot and really thinks something is wrong with the rim (LOL).  TV is somewhat the opposite of EW in the confidence department as it applies to his offensive game and God Bless his Mom for just telling him to play like he can and have fun.  KD mentioned that the head game is something that TV needs to work on to reach his potential and I think he will.  We could see a big jump in his offensive game next year and that would be great.  Last night it was awesome to get a peak of TV's ability and potential on the offensive end.  There is no question this program is heading in the right direction under Captain KD!! 

3/01/2018 9:48 am  #33

Wow what a performance by Tydus.  I am very happy for him.  We know that he is the best freshman shot blocked at DU we have ever seen, but like my friend the honorable El Duque said, I have been waiting for the day that Tydus shook of his demons in his mind (KD's words) and realized just how good of an offensive player he has the potential to be.  What I really like was his aggressiveness taking it to the hoop and his ability to use the glass to simplify his shots.  Keep it up young man believe in yourself we know you can do it.  Also,  Eric Williams, who has broken several freshman records, with yet another stellar performance.  Love these kids, two future 1st team all League Players.  Go Dukes!

3/01/2018 10:09 am  #34

Great game to be at. Was truly awesome to see TV have the game that he had. How about from the charity stripe! Would have been a big L otherwise. Huge win for the program IMHO. Now a real shot to finish over .500 and possibly win at least 2 or 3 more! No question this program is heading right where it needs to be. UMass won't be easy since it is away but can be won. GO DUKES!!

Board footera