Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2018 3:42 pm  #1

Missing thread?

I notice that a certain thread I commented on this morning was taken down?  Is there a reason for this?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/03/2018 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Missing thread?

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I notice that a certain thread I commented on this morning was taken down?  Is there a reason for this?

I didn't take it down.

3/03/2018 5:34 pm  #3

If it was about the poll on selling Duquesne Beer at the Palumbo, I deleted my original post since I didn't want it to turn political. 

I like the beer and it would be cool to sell a Duquesne Beer at a Duquesne game.

I work with kids every day who were hurt but I really didn't think I was urging people to endorse child abuse because they also produced a Penn State bottle with a Paterno label if it was not sold at the Palumbo or Rooney.

No worries... I can still buy it before and after at the Red Ring.

Last edited by coffee (3/03/2018 5:42 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/03/2018 6:22 pm  #4

Mark Dudash, the owner of Duquesne Brewery is a good friend of mine, and is a DU alum and put his kids through DU.  I am sure he would welcome the opportunity to sell Duquesne Beer at Palumbo and give the University a good deal.  I can't believe someone would be that stupid to reply to you post in such a fashion Coffee.  He worked a deal with some Penn State people to honor the football Legacy of Penn State and Joe Paterno.  I would love to see the JO who in any way suggest his deal encouraged the endorsement of child abuse say that to his face.  

3/03/2018 6:48 pm  #5

Whoa now... I didn't mean to start this up again. 

It wasn't a JO who objected to selling Duquesne at Duquesne.  I respect the man as a long time fan who just didn't like the tie in to Paterno.

Duquesne is a great name for a University, a beer, a fort and an A10 Conference Champion!

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/03/2018 7:20 pm  #6

coffee wrote:

If it was about the poll on selling Duquesne Beer at the Palumbo, I deleted my original post since I didn't want it to turn political.

I like the beer and it would be cool to sell a Duquesne Beer at a Duquesne game.

I work with kids every day who were hurt but I really didn't think I was urging people to endorse child abuse because they also produced a Penn State bottle with a Paterno label if it was not sold at the Palumbo or Rooney.

No worries... I can still buy it before and after at the Red Ring.

​I was not attacking you Coffee. I was not indicating that you were in any  way endorsing child abuse.  I was just shocked (and disappointed) that a beer company that brought back an old Pittsburgh name, and could be a great "get the name out there" marketing tool for our university and it's program, also chose to honor Paterno.  Sorry but what happened at Penn State can't be separated from the program Joe Pa ran! 

My post was only in response to that company marketing a beer with Joe Paterno's name on it!  Others, as evidenced by comments on that thread were unaware of that situation.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/03/2018 7:23 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

Mark Dudash, the owner of Duquesne Brewery is a good friend of mine, and is a DU alum and put his kids through DU.  I am sure he would welcome the opportunity to sell Duquesne Beer at Palumbo and give the University a good deal.  I can't believe someone would be that stupid to reply to you post in such a fashion Coffee.  He worked a deal with some Penn State people to honor the football Legacy of Penn State and Joe Paterno.  I would love to see the JO who in any way suggest his deal encouraged the endorsement of child abuse say that to his face.  

​1)  I don't know what a "JO" is.

2) It was me who made that point

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/03/2018 7:43 pm  #8

Tejas check your inbox

3/03/2018 8:02 pm  #9

No problems here.  I didn't take it as a personal attack.

I just didn't think selling Duquesne Beer at Palumbo was a bad thing.

Sorry for all the undue controversy.  That's why I delegated the original post.

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

Board footera