Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2018 1:48 pm  #1

3/06/2018 1:51 pm  #2

Re: Nice Showing for A-10 Awards

Wouldnt have predicted Smitty get 6th man, but deserves it now i think about it more.  EW was a given.   Congrats to both!!!

3/06/2018 1:55 pm  #3

I am not sure how deserving Tydus really is but, I wonder how often the league leader in blocked shots gets left off the all-defensive team.

3/06/2018 2:54 pm  #4

phil95 wrote:

I am not sure how deserving Tydus really is but, I wonder how often the league leader in blocked shots gets left off the all-defensive team.

Interesting observation!!

3/06/2018 3:57 pm  #5

The A-10 cited minutes played and shooting % for the defensive player of the year. Oh, and he had 49 blocks!

Tydus had 70+.

3/06/2018 6:15 pm  #6

phil95 wrote:

The voters do not do a deep dive into the real impact the player has on "D".

Their reasoning goes something like this - TV is a freshman playing on a 10th place team. He is also a bit foul prone.

It's not fair , but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

TV's day is coming.

Peace out.

3/06/2018 8:23 pm  #7

townsonkid wrote:

Wouldnt have predicted Smitty get 6th man, but deserves it now i think about it more.  EW was a given.   Congrats to both!!!

I recall that many were upset that Lewis II " only" was selected to Pre -Season Third Team, a long season with many ups and downs.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/07/2018 12:43 pm  #8

Ya really never know how a season will play out! MLII could be the best shooter in the league next season. We've all seen that over the years. Roberto Clemente didn't;t hit .351 every year!

3/07/2018 2:43 pm  #9

Really happy and proud for both of these guys. I, as many others, were plenty hard on Tarin last year as he had many poor performances. Goes to show what getting healthy/better coaching can do to help a player improve. There were plenty of times this year he came off the bench and gave us instant impact from scoring/defensive perspective. Very deserving.

Eric Williams also had an excellent freshman year, especially at the beginning of the season with his double double run. Fought off the "freshman wall" he seemed to hit midway through and finished the year with some strong performances. Truly one of he main pieces of "our future" can't Way to see how he progresses and fits into the plan next year.

Lewis had an on and off year but there is absolutely no doubt as to his shooting talent, and his defense improved throughout the course of the season. He had some incredible end of game performances, and I look for him to have a breakout year next year when teams can't double him all game, every game.

Great job guys!

3/07/2018 4:00 pm  #10

ghost wrote:

phil95 wrote:

The voters do not do a deep dive into the real impact the player has on "D".

Their reasoning goes something like this - TV is a freshman playing on a 10th place team. He is also a bit foul prone.

It's not fair , but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

TV's day is coming.

Peace out.

I agree about Tydus's day coming.  Lots of raw potential there offensively, lots of blocks but he was often in a bad position of guarding the other team's center.  Next year, he'll probably be able to play facing the other way.

By the way... I don't believe he EVER got credit for many of the shots he altered.

Last edited by coffee (3/07/2018 4:01 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera