Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 7:13 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Richmond Spiders (A-10 Tourney)

Man, EW looks lost out there. He seems to have lost all of his confidence.

3/08/2018 7:18 pm  #27

I've decided that Richmond is my least favorite NCAA basketball team.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/08/2018 7:20 pm  #28

Down ten, the Dukes need to make their run now.

3/08/2018 7:23 pm  #29

Hate to sound like a broken record, but everybody's go to guys Lewis and Williams a combined 3 for 12. Meanwhile, Taylor, TV, and Robinson are 13-14 combined in the last game and a half. Find a way to get them the ball instead of heaving up prayers. It's not rocket science.

3/08/2018 7:23 pm  #30

Getting hard to watch.

3/08/2018 7:24 pm  #31

Eric Williams has been horrible tonight.

3/08/2018 7:25 pm  #32

TV off. Can't watch this poorly coached team any longer.

3/08/2018 7:25 pm  #33

Rayrich wrote:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but everybody's go to guys Lewis and Williams a combined 3 for 12. Meanwhile, Taylor, TV, and Robinson are 13-14 combined in the last game and a half. Find a way to get them the ball instead of heaving up prayers. It's not rocket science.

Precisely, but nobody listens — least of all Coach Dambrot.

3/08/2018 7:27 pm  #34

Rayrich wrote:

TV off and no longer posting.  Praise be the lord!!!

3/08/2018 7:27 pm  #35

Dukes look lost and flat footed, sad way to end season being run off the court by an 11-19 team.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/08/2018 7:28 pm  #36

UR shooting 62% & 51% from 3.
Where is our defense?

3/08/2018 7:30 pm  #37

Two things...
1.  They are doing the best they can.

2.  In anticipation for next year, I  hope no one jumps off any bridges.  Coach will have 10 new kids next year - a number of them young - so don't expect a huge change next year.  I do expect more wins, but it isn't going to be a mind blowing experience!!!!!!

3/08/2018 7:32 pm  #38

No one expected this season to be a huge success.  We have 5 transfers, 3 big men, and a good PG coming in next year.  I can't wait.  

3/08/2018 7:32 pm  #39

Rayrich wrote:

Same here.  Blown out by a team that will end the season with twenty losses.

3/08/2018 7:33 pm  #40

A pathetic performance.

3/08/2018 7:34 pm  #41

let the seniors finish their career on the court and pack up the equipment till next season.

3/08/2018 7:43 pm  #42

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Praise your lord. Funny how some beat down Ferry beyond belief om this forum when this team was worse with the same talent save the freshmen sensation Williams. Hmm...when was the last time a Duquesne team went through a season never beating a .500 team. Never, I assume.

Last edited by Rayrich (3/08/2018 7:44 pm)

3/08/2018 7:47 pm  #43

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Praise your lord. Funny how some beat down Ferry beyond belief om this forum when this team was worse with the same talent save the freshmen sensation Williams. Hmm...when was the last time a Duquesne team went through a season never beating a .500 team. Never, I assume.

The difference is that it was Ferry's 5th year and this is Dambrot's first.  I didn't count any of the losses against Ferry in year one either, or year two for that matter.  Regardless, I don't want to talk about the past.  I'm tired of it. I stayed away from this board during our losing streak because it gets tiresome listening to the same tirades.  Let's take a break and see where things go.  I'll be rooting for St. Joes to get the at large (or Davidson) so the A10 gets 3 bids, and then I'll start getting rdy for next season.  I'm hopeful that next year is an improvement, and the year following is a big step up (potential NCAA bid)

Last edited by Simms (3/08/2018 7:48 pm)

3/08/2018 7:57 pm  #44

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Man...you need to get a cat and take out your frustration on it.  It really is annoying to read your constant negative and un-informed posts.

Never is correct:

Duquesne 76 - St Joseph 69

St Joseph record  16-15

Never let the facts ruin a good story.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (3/08/2018 8:05 pm)

3/08/2018 7:59 pm  #45

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

San Francisco and Lamar both have winning records.

3/08/2018 8:04 pm  #46

Rayrich giving ritters a run for his money when it comes to most negative poster. Just a lot of delusion when it comes to the talent on the current roster. Coach D said earlier this year that the team with more talent is typically going to win. We were out-talented by almost every A10 team this year. KD's job is to bring in talent. I think the ten player haul we have coming in is proof that he is going to win. Relax.

3/08/2018 8:08 pm  #47

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Man...you need to get a cat and take out your frustration on it.  It really is annoying to read your constant negative and un-informed posts.

St Joseph record  16-15

I don't know how you treat animals, but I don't abuse them, I forgot about mighty St. Joe's, Lamar, and whoever. I've been a fan for 42 years now. Don't know when you became one. Guessing not long by your screen name. We'll see what this coach does with all this talent coming in. I haven't been critical of other posts, so try to show a little respect.

Last edited by Rayrich (3/08/2018 8:18 pm)

3/08/2018 8:24 pm  #48

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

St Joseph record  16-15

I don't know how you treat animals, but I don't abuse them, I forgot about mighty St. Joe's, Lamar, and whoever. I've been a fan for 42 years now. Don't know when you became one. Guessing not long by your screen name. We'll see what this coach does with all this talent coming in. I haven't been critical of other posts, so try to show a little respect.

To cats??  It was a joke.  Sorry you took it as a lack of respect.  

Speaking of respect....you should show a little by doing minimal research before criticizing.

...out.  See you all next year.

3/08/2018 8:34 pm  #49

Dsnyder15 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Dsnyder15 wrote:

St Joseph record  16-15

To cats??  It was a joke.  Sorry you took it as a lack of respect.  

Speaking of respect....you should show a little by doing minimal research before criticizing.

...out.  See you all next year.

BTW it was 16-15 SLU, not St. Joe's they beat. St. Joe's beat the Dukes 82-75. Now there's some research for you.

3/08/2018 8:38 pm  #50

Took the right step in a good. Direction.

Didn’t play well at all today. Williams had the gitters today. Regressed towards the end but don’t forget he helped us win a lot of games. You guys ripping on him shows you guys on like a player when he is doing good. Say I’m wrong but this is what it looks like. Same with Mike Lewis. An 18 year old kid will has his ups and downs. Those two are the future so I hope we all appreciate the season they had as well as Castro who really took big strides but it was too late in his career. Smith as well.

This fan forum including me is used to drop offs late in the season. We can’t turn our backs on the kids though.

Board footera