Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 1:02 pm  #1

Coach Burt suspended by A10

For negative comments regarding the officiating.  First game of WNIT.

3/08/2018 1:22 pm  #2

Re: Coach Burt suspended by A10

That is flat-out BULL!

Officiating in the A10 has been awful all year. Men & women. Some schools get all kinds of home cooking. No one's supposed to say anything?

3/08/2018 1:27 pm  #3

Haven’t read his full comments.  But from what I read nothing was at the level to deserve suspension.   When the foul shots are 27-10 you are going to be asked about it.

3/08/2018 3:19 pm  #4

I am glad Coach spoke up about the officiating. It is so inconsistent from game to game. The tourney game before the Dukes, many touch fouls were called. Our game, the color of the jersey mattered. It is time that the A10 takes Duquesne seriously. Dan was honest. I applaud that!!!

3/08/2018 5:26 pm  #5

Unfortunately the refs probably "talk among themselves" just like Coaches do --  with so many "judgement calls" - hope DU doesn't wind up getting shafted in the long run.

Find it interesting that he gets suspended for the "post season" over which the A-10 commish has NO Control - would be more logical to do it for league game (and if he should leave DU God Forbid) well those are the breaks.

AM UNAWARE OF ANY OTHER COACH - MALE OR FEMALE GETTING SUSPENDED IN THE A-10 THIS YEAR - WAS HIS "rant" THE WORST?????  C'mon Man?????

Hopefully this galvanizes the team!!!

LET'S GO LADIES!!!

3/08/2018 6:50 pm  #6

The team should already be motivated after getting knocked out in the Quarter Finals.  I actually believe this will hurt, depending on who Duquesne's opponent is.

3/08/2018 8:57 pm  #7

HookShot wrote:

I am glad Coach spoke up about the officiating. It is so inconsistent from game to game. The tourney game before the Dukes, many touch fouls were called. Our game, the color of the jersey mattered. It is time that the A10 takes Duquesne seriously. Dan was honest. I applaud that!!!

The refs we get are the leftovers after the Big East takes the best out of the pool they share.

3/08/2018 9:36 pm  #8

Where is the official notice that Dan was suspended?

3/09/2018 12:09 am  #9

sperlman wrote:

Where is the official notice that Dan was suspended?

http://www.a10talk.com/duquesne-wbb-coach-suspended-one-game/

3/09/2018 6:29 am  #10

It's really a bad move to suspend a coach for a postseason game. Make him sit out the opener, or the A10 opener, if you HAVE to. 

​It's like Roger Goodell is running the stinking conference now.

3/09/2018 7:24 am  #11

Really a curious call by the A-10

I don't know any of the back story ( i.e.. any prior history or warnings to coach to tone it down a bit ).

Coach Burt's comments , while a bit inflammatory, were by no means incendiary to the point of meriting a suspension - at least from my point of view.

3/09/2018 1:29 pm  #12

A-10 and its commissioner are a joke.  Perhaps Agnes' sister still harbors some resentment for Duquesne because of her sister's failures at Pitt which perhaps was hastened by losing to Duquesne.  I recall Agnes having some derogatory comments toward Duquesne after losing. 
How do you suspend a coach for a non conference post-season game in a Tournament?  What control does the A-10 have over this game?  Is there an appeal process? 
Screw the A-10 and Agnes’ sister!  Half-assed garage league!

Last edited by levon1975 (3/09/2018 9:13 pm)

Board footera