Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2018 9:09 am  #1

Thanks to the Departing Seniors/Grads

Wanted to take this opportunity to thank Rene Castro-Caneddy, Jordan Robinson, Chas Brown and Eric James. It must be extremely difficult to adapt to a coaching change at any point in one's college career. To have to do it in your final year of eligibility must add additional pressure. You each played your heart out all year. We never heard one word of complaint toward Coach KD and his staff. No grousing, no drama. We wish you well in your future careers and please stay in tune with what Coach is going to achieve with this program. You can always say your were the first building blocks! Have a great life!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/09/2018 9:14 am  #2

Re: Thanks to the Departing Seniors/Grads

Couldn't be happier for Rene. I thought he was our most consistent player all year. He showed up nearly every game. He deserved to have a successful senior season after a tough first three years of his career. Also, his comments after the game last night were first class. He was thankful for coach D and said that this program is going to really take off.

3/09/2018 9:23 am  #3

Dukes2012 wrote:

Couldn't be happier for Rene. I thought he was our most consistent player all year. He showed up nearly every game. He deserved to have a successful senior season after a tough first three years of his career. Also, his comments after the game last night were first class. He was thankful for coach D and said that this program is going to really take off.

Rene was fun to watch with his "old man's game", using every trick in the book to get his points.

3/09/2018 9:51 am  #4

Nice post Ken.  These guys gave it all they had.  Can't ask for anything more.  Thank you and good luck to these young men.

3/09/2018 10:35 am  #5

Ditto to all the above. Never saw a lack of effort on the part of these kids. Can only wish them the best that life has to offer! Thanks to all for giving all you had.

3/09/2018 11:25 am  #6

Proud of the class and passion these guys showed the program this year.  Good luck to all of them in their future adventures!

3/09/2018 12:26 pm  #7

I agree with all of the comments made above about our departing seniors and grad students.  We are grateful for all of your contributions this season, and for all of the hard work it took to raise the level of play on an individual and team basis this season.  The atmosphere at Palumbo was certainly much more positive this season, and I can honestly say that I looked forward to the games and enjoyed watching these guys play. 
Good luck in all your future endeavors, and we hope to see you back at Palumbo to witness the growth of the program with the knowledge that you all played a big role in building the foundation this season. 
Thanks to each of you!

3/09/2018 12:43 pm  #8

I also enjoyed watching each of these players. Will always wonder about the upside for RC-C, JR, and EJ, given the inconsistency of use in their prior years, but I love that they stayed and competed. Wish them all well in the future.

3/09/2018 4:17 pm  #9

A lot of nice comments and I agree with every one of them.. 

Last edited by WashPaRick (3/09/2018 7:35 pm)

3/09/2018 6:13 pm  #10

So do I.
Team played hard and did their best.
I wish the seniors success in the future.

3/09/2018 8:24 pm  #11

Agree wholeheartedly.
These kids put it all out there every game and I thank them.
I had a blast at Palumbo this season. 
The triple OT....the double OT...that great 15 minute run against the Bonnies!
Thank you gentlemen and good luck in all future endeavors.
Cannot wait for 2018-19 season. Two season tickets!

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

3/09/2018 8:46 pm  #12

The season may be over but I have a feeling Coach may be planning every waking moment he has... losing really got to him.

Hope he can relax just a bit!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/09/2018 9:20 pm  #13

coffee wrote:

The season may be over but I have a feeling Coach may be planning every waking moment he has... losing really got to him.

Hope he can relax just a bit!

Yes, and relaxing a bit will be about as much as it appears Coach will allow himself. This is a guy who is driven and wants to bring this program back. For sure he is a 365-day coach. 

3/13/2018 7:30 am  #14

I echo these sentiment for our departing seniors. The four of them each had some contribution to the team this year in what we are hoping is the beginning of the turnaround.  At various points throughout the year when talking about these players, Coach Dambrot would talk about their character on and off the court and the type of people they were. Best of luck to RCC, JRob, EJ and Chas on the next chapters of their life.

Board footera