Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2018 3:39 pm  #1

NCAA Tourney

Rhode Island just squeezed by St. Jos so they should get at least a 6 or 7 seed.

St. Bonaventure should get in even if they lose to Davidson who they are trailing in the first half right now.

I guess I'm pulling for Davidson to win the A-10 so that we get 3 into the tournament. Davidson would finish with 21 wins if they beat the Bonnies and RI.

Not bad if Davidson takes it since a few weeks ago I thought we were only going to get RI into the dance on an off year for the A-10.

I always despised that fellow Juan Bidd.

Last edited by coffee (3/10/2018 4:18 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/11/2018 2:21 pm  #2

Re: NCAA Tourney

Coffee my friend you got your wish.  The Davidson offense is a thing of beauty.  Great coaching.  Multiple screens, terrific ball movement, and shooters. 

3/11/2018 2:39 pm  #3

I really like Davidson.I think they could be a sweet 16 ball club,so good in close games because they are
almost automatic at the free throw line.Everyone can shoot and they have Aldridge,best player in A 10.

3/11/2018 2:46 pm  #4

I am wondering how much money is allotted to Duquesne with 3 teams in the tourney?I like Davidsons chances of being the surprise team in tournament.Well coached,never get rattled and have a answer
for everything,fundamentally great.

3/11/2018 3:20 pm  #5

CLK wrote:

Coffee my friend you got your wish.  The Davidson offense is a thing of beauty.  Great coaching.  Multiple screens, terrific ball movement, and shooters. 

I feel sooo much better about the A 10 than I did just a short time ago.  Putting 3 teams in the dance makes it easier to recruit for the entire conference and the money helps too.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bracketology-update-davidson-knocks-one-bubble-team-out-of-ncaa-tournament-field/

Davidson has the attitude that KD is trying to bring here to win the tight games.

Last edited by coffee (3/11/2018 3:29 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/11/2018 5:26 pm  #6

Its a good day for the A10 and Duquesne .I am also happy because Jim Ferry will be watching the NCAA
tournament on his television in good ole state college,pa.

3/11/2018 5:43 pm  #7

Bonnie's gets screwed again.  RPI ranked 23 and the have the 11/11 play-in game.  They're paying the price for Davidson getting in.

Frankly, that's BS.

Last edited by coffee (3/11/2018 5:45 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/11/2018 5:49 pm  #8

Davidson plays Kentucky; so forget about them moving on.  Kentucky will be too talented and athletic for Davidson. 
St Bona gets thrown into a play-in game against UCLA!  Not exactly a great position.

3/11/2018 6:26 pm  #9

Interesting how things can change in 24 hours or so -  just YESTERDAY on one of the zillion shows talking about the tourney one commentator opined "Would NOT be surprised to see SBU in the SECOND WEEKEND (at it WAN'T during the A-10 Tourney)

3/11/2018 7:30 pm  #10

levon1975 wrote:

Davidson plays Kentucky; so forget about them moving on. Kentucky will be too talented and athletic for Davidson.
St Bona gets thrown into a play-in game against UCLA! Not exactly a great position.

UCLA blows. Bona can beat them. This game is 48 years too late for Bona. If Chris Ford doesn't take out Bob Lanier's knee, while Bona was blowing the doors off of Villanova in the 1970 regional final, Bona might well have won the National Championship.

3/12/2018 3:43 pm  #11

After watching Davidson in person 3 times in the last 4 days, I feel like Calipari & company are not loving this draw. This is a smart, fantastically coached, experienced team with decent size & 2 clutch stars playing their best possible basketball at the right time. From the opening tip of the St. Louis game on Friday night straight through the Bonnies & Rams this team was confident & laser focused. They were very impressive & are certainly among the top 50 teams in the country at this point.

Kellan Grady is blowing-up & Aldridge is finishing his senior year like a man on a mission. 

If the Bonnies don't get Stockard back from his hamstring injury they are in deep trouble against the Bruins. 

URi looks like a team running out of gas. I hope the days off get them back on track.

3/12/2018 10:34 pm  #12

coffee wrote:

Bonnie's gets screwed again. RPI ranked 23 and the have the 11/11 play-in game. They're paying the price for Davidson getting in.

Frankly, that's BS.

Bonnie's RPI was nice, but it's not the only thing that gets considered. It was no doubt the best thing they had going however they only had three top 50 wins to go with 3 100+ losses. That's normally not a great formula for an A-10 team to dance. 

In the end, I don't hate their position. They have a decent shot at beating UCLA and earning an extra NCAA credit against an 11 seed. That's a lot of extra money for a school with a small budget like theirs. La Salle made the sweet 16 after starting Dayton a few years back. 

3/13/2018 7:39 am  #13

Was in DC all weekend for the A10s and didn't look at anything KenPom all weekend, so I was amazed (though I shouldn't have been) how efficient Davidson was this weekend; particularly against SLU and Bona. Their offense was beautiful and they are clicking right now. Amazing how many open threes they got from all their screens and movement off the ball. Kentucky has the length, but they aren't great shooting and Davidson mixes their defense, while Kentucky guards the three well. That has a chance to be a really fun game.

Hopefully for Bona, Stockard is back and they can ride the very pro-Bona crowd past UCLA and head to Dallas for the "real" tourney games.

URI-OU will be intense at the Paint Can and am looking forward to the battle of the backcourts. 

3/13/2018 5:36 pm  #14

Oklahoma practicing at Palumbo

3/13/2018 6:45 pm  #15

So Trey Young looking to transfer?  Seen today on Campus!

3/13/2018 10:24 pm  #16

Bona whips UCLA with an ultra-aggressive zone defense in a game where Adams is 2-16 from the field. Can the A10 get some respect!?!?!

3/13/2018 10:33 pm  #17

HookShot wrote:

Bona whips UCLA with an ultra-aggressive zone defense in a game where Adams is 2-16 from the field. Can the A10 get some respect!?!?!

Keep winning, that will get them some respect. It wasn't a good year for the A10. The league was pretty much slop, other than the three teams that made it, so I'm happy that they got three teams in during a very down year for the league.

3/14/2018 6:15 am  #18

SBU had 6 turnovers to 20 turnovers for UCLA.
I guess no one told SBU that UCLA is from a P5 conference and must be respected.

3/14/2018 8:53 am  #19

there is 30 players on the court for OKLA.  I know some are practice bodies, but damn that a lot of people.

3/14/2018 12:25 pm  #20

I tried to buy a single ticket on Ticket Master for any of the sessions and Ticket Master says all 3 sessions are sold out. 

I find that hard to believe because last time the tourney was hear neither of the round 1 sessions sold out. 

The Saturday session did.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/14/2018 12:26 pm)

3/14/2018 1:28 pm  #21

This is pretty sad comment on DU students, although I think we saw more student support than the previous 5 years, and next year will even be better..

https://twitter.com/MrEightball1/status/973977011051028480

Last edited by CLK (3/14/2018 1:32 pm)

3/14/2018 2:48 pm  #22

duqkurt wrote:

I tried to buy a single ticket on Ticket Master for any of the sessions and Ticket Master says all 3 sessions are sold out.

I find that hard to believe because last time the tourney was hear neither of the round 1 sessions sold out.

The Saturday session did.

​Try this link ... I received it via email this afternoon that tix in Pgh were available on the exchange.

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/basketball-men/d1

3/15/2018 12:31 pm  #23

Where is DU LOGO? I Thought part of the reason for hosting was to get DU national exposure. The coach from Villanova thinks Pitt is hosting it and I remember seeing the dukes logo on the floor the last time the tournament was in Pittsburgh but can’t see it today. What happened?

3/15/2018 2:23 pm  #24

I found it... in the corner but it is facing the wrong way and can’t be seen by camera. If you see the Boise location they have it facing toward the camera.  I texted Dave Harper but don’t know if Saba can change it or not. He should have known that.

On a side note... if ‘‘this was supposed to be a down year for the A-10, someone needed to tell the 3 teams that got in and who have represented the league well!... though the Bonnies are struggling right now”

Last edited by FAM (3/15/2018 9:40 pm)

3/15/2018 10:59 pm  #25

And Arizona and Sean Miller gets utterly sodomized by Buffalo!  I could not be happier!  You would be hard-pressed to find a college hoops program I despise more than Arizona, so this feels extra sweet!

​Can't wait to see Sean Miller back in uniform!  Federal pin stripes will look good on him!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera