Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2018 9:39 am  #1

Eight Pitt Players To Transfer Per Goodman

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/974652310256275457

Last edited by CLK (3/16/2018 9:49 am)

3/16/2018 9:51 am  #2

Re: Eight Pitt Players To Transfer Per Goodman

3/16/2018 11:47 am  #3

The players are taking a bit of a hit on social media because they're looking to leave before the new coach is named.

Last year, it was the school taking the hit when I-Mike and Sanders announced they were leaving after the coach was named.

Media can shove Pitt up their collective tushes.

3/16/2018 2:24 pm  #4

Would love it if their football team implodes also...their head coach is sort of an emotional wreck and their women's basketball coach...we know that story. Oh Well! Do I sound happy???

Last edited by FAM (3/16/2018 2:25 pm)

3/16/2018 3:03 pm  #5

Pitt football was heading to powerhouse level after Jonny ‘ Drum’ Majors then the chased his heir to Texas A&M and never where the same.

Dixon won all the time and was almost automatic NCAA’s and they chased him out.

They never have had any class and I suspect won’t somehow find it.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/16/2018 3:04 pm  #6

Suzie  has slid under the radar with all of the Stallings’ stuff. She only won two ACC games and there are rumblings of internal turmoil within the team again.

Last edited by HookShot (3/16/2018 3:05 pm)

3/16/2018 3:12 pm  #7

While he could help, we're full. I don't want to be the type of win at all costs program that would pull the rug out from under some player at the last minute to bring him in. He had a chance to come here four years ago, and didn't. Don't want him now.

3/16/2018 3:38 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

While he could help, we're full. I don't want to be the type of win at all costs program that would pull the rug out from under some player at the last minute to bring him in. He had a chance to come here four years ago, and didn't. Don't want him now.

We are hosting a 2018 recruit this weekend so evidently we are not full.  Besides, he still needs to receive his additional year of eligibility.  Maybe he pays his own way without pulling any rugs at the last minute, maybe someone is leaving (who knows).  If there is room and he wants to come I would take him in a New York minute.

3/16/2018 5:05 pm  #9

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

We are hosting a 2018 recruit this weekend so evidently we are not full.  Besides, he still needs to receive his additional year of eligibility.  Maybe he pays his own way without pulling any rugs at the last minute, maybe someone is leaving (who knows).  If there is room and he wants to come I would take him in a New York minute.

I always thought he could be a good forward in the A-10 but he seemed to
be impressed by Pitt, for him it didn't work out so well. Agree CLK, coach said he needed to " recruit his a$$ off to get better players ", and the Hampton native is a better player.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/16/2018 6:15 pm  #10

They took D. Shepherd so they owe us one.

3/16/2018 6:21 pm  #11

FAM wrote:

Would love it if their football team implodes also...their head coach is sort of an emotional wreck and their women's basketball coach...we know that story. Oh Well! Do I sound happy???

​A politically-minded friend of mine, who was one of the first to support the current president as a candidate, coined the term  "Schadenboner."  ​  I think that one fits, how most of us feel about that school's current troubles.

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/16/2018 6:22 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/16/2018 6:59 pm  #12

According to a poster on the Pitt board, half the women's team is looking to transfer, including Yacine Diop. Now, if someone from Pitt was coming here, that is who I want way more than Luther. She's exactly what Dan Burt's team is lacking. Poor Suzie!

3/16/2018 11:00 pm  #13

Unless Luther pays his own way; there is no room for him at Duquesne without one or more transfers.
I don’t see it happening anyway.  He can help some teams, and will no doubt have some offers. 
He can also stay at Pitt if the new coach recruits him to stay.
Keep in mind that any of the guys getting their release can stay if the new coach wants them.  I suspect that most won’t be asked to return; but perhaps some may.

3/16/2018 11:05 pm  #14

I hope the Golden kid doesn't end up at Richmond with his brother.

Board footera