Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2018 11:32 am  #1

Let's win this thing

Come out hungry and determined and beat those Hoyas!

3/19/2018 6:17 pm  #2

Re: Let's win this thing

Does anyone have a way to watch the game online? Help a poor college kid out.

3/19/2018 6:41 pm  #3

Up 11 late in the second quarter.

3/19/2018 7:43 pm  #4

Hanging by a thread in the last minute.

3/19/2018 7:47 pm  #5

Victory!

3/19/2018 8:07 pm  #6

Good win!

3/19/2018 8:09 pm  #7

2 Down and 4 to go!!!   Ladies win by 3.  Interesting tidbit - In the University Record this week - turns out the DU President has a brother who teaches etc at Georgetown!!  Wonder if they had one of those wagers like the politicians usually do>>

WELL DONE LADIES!!!!

3/19/2018 9:54 pm  #8

Next up St. John's in New York on Thursday at 7 p.m. - anyone going ???

3/19/2018 9:56 pm  #9

SkepticAl wrote:

2 Down and 4 to go!!!   Ladies win by 3.  Interesting tidbit - In the University Record this week - turns out the DU President has a brother who teaches etc at Georgetown!!  Wonder if they had one of those wagers like the politicians usually do>>

WELL DONE LADIES!!!!

As I understand it ( Georgetown Gormley ) will have to wear a DU sweatshirt around the Georgetown campus for a full day. 

3/20/2018 5:36 am  #10

Actually Ladies have played quite well on the road as well -  BEAT UVA (NCAA team on their floor) in the two games against VCU the better performance was on the road - ditto for St. Joes (although the SJ line up was different for the two games)  Fairly nice win at the Pete -  Beat St. Louis fairly bad at their place came up short when we played them 8 against 5 at the neutral site..And other than Dayton did not stub their toes and lose to anyone else in the A-10 on the road.

Still would be NICE to get a Home Game!!!

Good to see Julianna scoring again Eniko who didn't even play the previous game had double figures in rebounds!!!.

And by the way Central Michigan (who might have been "the best win" the ladies had - OBLITERATED OHIO STATE (#3 SEED) to make it to the Sweet 16.

3/20/2018 8:12 am  #11

The Dukes have dominated teams from the BE, including 2 wins over St. John's the last few years.

3/20/2018 9:44 am  #12

It is why Big East teams will not schedule the Dukes. I do expect the non-conference schedule to be bolstered next year. Some rumors that we may play Penn State.

3/20/2018 5:26 pm  #13

Pretty sad - the ladies win 2 on the road and I didn't see any articles about last night on either the Post Gazette or Trib.  But, we did have coverage about bobcats and coyotes.  Sheesh!

3/21/2018 8:46 am  #14

They don't know Duquesne is still playing basketball. Too busy trying to recruit the right guy at Pitt.

3/21/2018 12:15 pm  #15

If you feel the Dukes are being snubbed by the Pittsburgh media, the game (as you know) was at Georgetown in the heart of DC.  There was zero mention of the game in the Washington Post, which did not surprise me.  There was not a single mention of any WNIT results and just a brief mention of the women's NCAA 2nd round Tourney games played.

A week ago, the Post did not even show the women's NCAA bracket when the selections came out, but had wall to wall coverage of the men's Tourney. 

On the West Coast, however, there has been front page coverage of Stanford's women's team in the San Francisco Chronicle.  It's so refreshing to see a major paper supporting women's basketball.

I am convinced that the only way the Pittsburgh media will give Duquesne more coverage and greater visibility is if the Dukes can bring in between 2,000-3,000 fans into the Palumbo Center.  Sadly, the Marketing Department and the AD have not shown their ability to bring people in.  My perception is- they lack the correct strategy.

3/21/2018 4:01 pm  #16

sperlman wrote:

If you feel the Dukes are being snubbed by the Pittsburgh media, the game (as you know) was at Georgetown in the heart of DC.  There was zero mention of the game in the Washington Post, which did not surprise me.  There was not a single mention of any WNIT results and just a brief mention of the women's NCAA 2nd round Tourney games played.

A week ago, the Post did not even show the women's NCAA bracket when the selections came out, but had wall to wall coverage of the men's Tourney. 

On the West Coast, however, there has been front page coverage of Stanford's women's team in the San Francisco Chronicle.  It's so refreshing to see a major paper supporting women's basketball.

I am convinced that the only way the Pittsburgh media will give Duquesne more coverage and greater visibility is if the Dukes can bring in between 2,000-3,000 fans into the Palumbo Center.  Sadly, the Marketing Department and the AD have not shown their ability to bring people in.  My perception is- they lack the correct strategy.

There's a lack of interest in women's basketball in many markets. There was a thread about Suzie's lack of success on the Pitt board, and there were posters who complained about a thread covering "a sport no one cares about". We can't get 3,000 to Palumbo for the men, getting that many for the women may be impossible.

3/22/2018 10:22 am  #17

Looks like ESPN3 will be streaming tonight's game per DU Athletic site.

Board footera