Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2018 4:28 pm  #1

Spring Game 2018

Just returned from the spring football game and Dukes win! Actually Blue and White played to an overtime tie with standout play from Carter at strong DE Isiah Mack and Taylor at wide out and all 3Qs throwing well. AJ PJ Ricky and Shane were all out at RB with Redmond and number 37 playing well. More talent than ever but also toughest schedule ever in the modern era so we shall see! Next up FBS U Mass!

3/24/2018 5:37 pm  #2

Re: Spring Game 2018

How,did the D Line look?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/24/2018 5:45 pm  #3

Hey Coffee. Carter from Pitt stood out at strong DE perhaps more than any other player today  but not sure if he will be eligible yet this season.  He has transfered couple of times and I dont know the rule.  I do think they need him alot and remember they lost Struttman and in my view miss Zach Zidian from 2 yrs ago at nose.Recall Mel Blount s kid was supposed to be nose last year but transferred after spring ball

3/24/2018 10:09 pm  #4

Seems like they recruited hard at the talent positions and are deep there but the line play may be a question mark.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/26/2018 8:34 pm  #5

They did bring in some  o lineman as freshman  but d line not so much.I will see if I can get more information about the lines on both sides of the ball. Btw Coach Scudder left as assistant d coordinator for a job at Iowa State! Good luck Coach Scuds

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (3/26/2018 8:34 pm)

4/03/2018 5:17 pm  #6

One thing I failed to mention is that the D plays without a lot of down guys... usually 2 and sometimes when " vodoo" is called they are all stand up and looks like organized chaos! Pretty cool blitz defense where o line has to be guessing as to which Dukes are pass rushing but also like any blitz can be burned with the right play call or read.

4/03/2018 6:52 pm  #7

There reportedly are proposals in the NFL rules committee to eliminate three-point stances for O-linemen.

I like a different look (D-line standing up, unbalanced O-lines, etc.) but I'm a football traditionalist who hopes fingers will always be in the dirt.

4/03/2018 7:08 pm  #8

Thanks for the post ElDuque and I know that you are old school all the way and I love that! It is cool to see and sometimes they get burned in it too with a quick toss  or screen to a wide out etc. I saw something  too  about 3 point stance rules and I am wondering if that new development league that Ed McCaffery and Polian are involved with are going to experiment with it too? I read where they are eliminating kick-offs? Anyway thanks again for the post.Jack

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (4/03/2018 7:09 pm)

4/04/2018 3:32 pm  #9

Judge, I enjoy talking football any time! Your insights are great and I appreciate reading them.

2018 will be an exciting season for the Iron Dukes. Race for new QB will be interesting. Bumbraugh and Smith were both highly recruited. Hope Hines recovers from his injury.

Thinking Kellon Taylor will have a breakout season, too.

Board footera