Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2018 5:03 pm  #1

2018 NCAA Tourney Bracket Contest for Our Board

Gents, for the 2nd year running, I am setting up an NCAA bracket contest via espn.com for bragging rights on the board. The link to join the bracket group and directions to register will be made available in my next post but first;

I give you the top 5 finishers from last year and the % of games they picked correctly:

1. dougduke15    91.2% accurate

2. jackdoc13       86.6% accurate

3. Mulder             82.3% accurate

4.Tejas_Duke1    81.0% accurate

5. lilpav253         79.5% accurate

3/07/2018 5:09 pm  #2

Re: 2018 NCAA Tourney Bracket Contest for Our Board

There are two ways to register for this group to submit a bracket:

1. Private message me a valid email address and you will receive a registration email from espn.com. I will private message you back a date and time that I send you an email invitation.

2. Go to the link below, Click "Create Bracket Now" and register with the site if you dont already have an espn login, and make your selections (after Sunday of Course)

Good luck everyone!

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/group?groupID=2236670

Last edited by Duques102 (3/07/2018 5:21 pm)

3/11/2018 7:04 pm  #3

Got my picks in.  Thanks for sponsoring.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/12/2018 9:25 am  #4

I'm in, I went pretty chalky.  Normally pick upsets, and finish near the bottom.

3/12/2018 12:31 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

I'm in, I went pretty chalky.  Normally pick upsets, and finish near the bottom.

The collective wisdom of the selection committee usually is borne out. Still, the fans love it when the major upsets do happen. 

3/13/2018 2:28 pm  #6

8 people in so far, get in the game guys. That means you Sarah Spain. I know you read our board, you are a basketball writer, would like to see where you shake out amongst us lay people.

On another note, excited to see what Bonnies can do against UCLA tonight. Any thoughts on the game? Haven't really seen UCLA play this year.

3/14/2018 10:05 am  #7

Waiting for my email invitation. Check your inbox :-)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/14/2018 11:21 am  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Sent invitation to you and Box and One, good luck guys!

3/14/2018 11:28 am  #9

Duques102 wrote:

8 people in so far, get in the game guys. That means you Sarah Spain. I know you read our board, you are a basketball writer, would like to see where you shake out amongst us lay people.

On another note, excited to see what Bonnies can do against UCLA tonight. Any thoughts on the game? Haven't really seen UCLA play this year.

The Bonnies really wanted that game. Fantastic hustle! They got virtually every loose ball. They won in spite of the worst game Adams could have played, and two of the worst foul calls I've ever seen, whistled in the closing minutes. 

3/14/2018 11:39 am  #10

applecorps wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

The Bonnies really wanted that game. Fantastic hustle! They got virtually every loose ball. They won in spite of the worst game Adams could have played, and two of the worst foul calls I've ever seen, whistled in the closing minutes. 

Adams did play poorly throughout, but had a clutch end of the game! Made 2 big jumpers, played great d down the stretch forcing 2 key turnovers, and knocked down crucial end of the game free throws to seal it.

Mobley and Stockard tore through the UCLA defense all game last night. Great showing for the conference!

3/15/2018 8:59 am  #11

Duques102 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Sent invitation to you and Box and One, good luck guys!

I got a generic invitation from ESPN, nothing about a specific bracket

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/17/2018 7:40 am  #12

I believe that the PCT column is not the percentage picked accurately but the percentile measured against others in the system.  This makes our group pretty impressive so far.  Most are above the median.

If you remove the two blank selections at the bottom and we'd be one of the more accurate groups to the right of the list.

Duquesne fans know our stuff!!!

Last edited by coffee (3/17/2018 7:49 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

3/17/2018 9:35 am  #13

Thank you for not posting the results for the lowest performers. I - I mean THEY - must appreciate the discretion.

3/17/2018 9:37 am  #14

coffee wrote:

Duquesne fans know our stuff!!!

...and notice none of us picked Virginia to win it all (the biggest favorite in the ESPN brackets 19%) Also watching Virginia in the second half, I felt like I was watching Duquesne at times: forced shots, sloppy defense, wild threes just put up, guys missing bunnies underneath, ridiculous turnovers in the lane, nobody stepping up, lack of team cohesion.....etc.    David slew Goliath last night!  This is why, despite the changes and problems with the structure and the game, March Madness is still the best four days in all of sports!  I can't wait to see our Dukes there in 2020!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/17/2018 10:54 am  #15

rosceaux wrote:

Thank you for not posting the results for the lowest performers. I - I mean THEY - must appreciate the discretion.

Your picks aren't performing badly at all!  You're well ahead of the majority filling out brackets in the ESPN system with a ton of possible points left in your bracket.

Your PCT is the where you rank in the percentile... not picks made correctly.  You're ahead of most as are most in the Duquesne group.

Last edited by coffee (3/17/2018 10:55 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

4/02/2018 4:00 pm  #16

After quite possibly the craziest NCAA Tourney ever, our top 4 in the bracket challenge looks like this:

Detroitguy1962             92.3% Correct     (Michigan State)

Jackdoc13                    90.1% Correct     (Cincy)

Yak RBC                       80.4% Correct     (Nova)

Coffee                           78.9% Correct     (Xavier)

Now, if Nova wins tonight, it will completely flip and the final four will be those who picked Nova and it will finish in the following order:

Yak RBC

Rosceaux

Applecorps

Ghost of M. Melkenhaus

Good luck tonight, thanks for playing this year everyone!

4/02/2018 9:30 pm  #17

GET ON MY LEVEL

(unless Villanova blows this lead, then kindly disregard this message)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera