Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2018 3:32 pm  #1

4/07/2018 3:46 pm  #2

4/07/2018 3:51 pm  #3

Re: Sincere Carry commits

Seems as though he was signed with west liberty. Not sure if he is a scholarship player or not. That said, the last D2 signee that KD signed turned out to be pretty good!

4/07/2018 3:56 pm  #4

Kid took a smaller team to Ohio state championship. Lost to Moeller. Limited film but he has skills and a college body.

Could be a big signing in the long run.

4/07/2018 4:02 pm  #5

Thanks for sharing ElDuque  and interesting.  You never know and don't know too much about W Lib hoops but weren't they top notch program and known for high scoring offense?I agree that right now I trust KD and I do think  that  sometimes he sees things in kids that others don't.

4/07/2018 4:04 pm  #6

He committed to West Liberty in November but committed to DU today.

Still in HS.

4/07/2018 4:11 pm  #7

Yes and I thought that I recall West Lib program being top notch D2 recently and am asking in response to  Dukes2012 legitimate  query whether he is  D1 kid? Btw you guys may know this but Pirates pitching coach Uncle Ray Searage is a distinguished West Lib baseball alum! Haha

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (4/07/2018 4:12 pm)

4/07/2018 5:37 pm  #8

This kid put up some ridiculous numbers to lead his team to the State Championship game.  Which begs the question why no D1 offers?   

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/03/unsolved-mystery-cant-sincere-carry-land-d-offer/

4/07/2018 6:31 pm  #9

4/07/2018 6:38 pm  #10

Pretty obvious that he's probably a preferred walk-on. I would guess he's been promised a future ride if he works out and stays healthy. Creative if that's the case.

4/07/2018 6:53 pm  #11

duq81 wrote:

Pretty obvious that he's probably a preferred walk-on. I would guess he's been promised a future ride if he works out and stays healthy. Creative if that's the case.

I do not think it is obvious he will be a walk on my friend.  The more I learn this kid he is a real stud.  He was a 1st team D1 All Ohio and just got his release to talk to other teams and had teams seeking to get visits.  It will be in interesting to see how this shakes out.    

Last edited by CLK (4/07/2018 6:53 pm)

4/07/2018 7:14 pm  #12

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I do not think it is obvious he will be a walk on my friend.  The more I learn this kid he is a real stud.  He was a 1st team D1 All Ohio and just got his release to talk to other teams and had teams seeking to get visits.  It will be in interesting to see how this shakes out.    

I think it will shake out that he's a preferred walk-on.  No inside knowledge, just my guess.

4/07/2018 8:01 pm  #13

I'm guessing he's on scholarship. Why give up a scholarship to pay your own way? 

4/07/2018 8:18 pm  #14

Didn't we get a guy last year who we were his first and only offer? 

4/07/2018 8:45 pm  #15

WashPaRick wrote:

I'm guessing he's on scholarship. Why give up a scholarship to pay your own way? 

Because who wants to play D2 when you have a chance to play D1? You can be sure that the financial aid office is making sure he gets whatever permissable aid is out there to help defray the costs. We have a million guys on the team. Someone is paying their own way.

4/07/2018 9:22 pm  #16

duq81 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Because who wants to play D2 when you have a chance to play D1? You can be sure that the financial aid office is making sure he gets whatever permissable aid is out there to help defray the costs. We have a million guys on the team. Someone is paying their own way.

We will know soon as the Spring Signing Period starts April 11th. 

Pgh Sports Now article

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/04/07/ohio-point-guard-sincere-carry-commits-to-duquesne/

4/08/2018 7:03 am  #17

All I know is this: Keith Dambrot has filled and continues to fill this roster with talent. Nothing wrong with taking a chance on a kid who had some injuries in the past.

4/08/2018 7:07 am  #18

KD found himself a playmaking PG short last year, allowing Colon to walk.  Great ones learn from their mistakes.

4/08/2018 9:28 am  #19

Hilltopper wrote:

KD found himself a playmaking PG short last year, allowing Colon to walk.  Great ones learn from their mistakes.

Hilltopper, agreed. And I also think that KD learned that the A10 was much more guard oriented than the MAC. The Dukes need some top quality guards to get to the top of the conference.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (4/08/2018 9:29 am)

4/08/2018 10:10 am  #20

4/08/2018 10:54 am  #21

Is it just me, or does this seem like the same exact scenario as EW's recruitment last year? An under-recruited D2 signee who put up huge stats and led his team deep in the state tournament in a talent-rich basketball state. From what I'm reading on the Internet, a lot of basketball people in Ohio thought that he was the best player in the state playoffs this year.

4/08/2018 11:47 am  #22

Dukes2012 wrote:

Is it just me, or does this seem like the same exact scenario as EW's recruitment last year? An under-recruited D2 signee who put up huge stats and led his team deep in the state tournament in a talent-rich basketball state. From what I'm reading on the Internet, a lot of basketball people in Ohio thought that he was the best player in the state playoffs this year.

Totally agree with the comparison. Watched a few videos of him and he looks really talented as a ball handler and passer and looks really athletic. I saw quotes from a number of opposing coaches saying they thought he was the best player they played against all year/best player in the state. Might be another great steal.

I'm guessing that more guys will be leaving this offseason. I'm thinking regardless of whether or not they are on scholarship, wouldn't be surprised to see both Kratholm and Krivacevic gone. And possibly one more player as well, just a total guess.

The roster will work itself out and next year's team will be the most talented, deep team we've had in a long long time. Can't wait.

4/09/2018 6:48 am  #23

ElDuque wrote:

Kid took a smaller team to Ohio state championship. Lost to Moeller. Limited film but he has skills and a college body.

Could be a big signing in the long run.

He is built pretty solid I would say.  Can tell he work on leg strength as part of his rehabs.  Average 20 some ppg, with assists, yeah, come on board.  Heck, he could be a star here, who knows.  We needed another guard.

I assume this closes recruiting for this coming year, but who knows for sure.

4/09/2018 8:35 am  #24

Really excited about this kid coming here. Looks like a complete player. I think KC and staff are as good as it gets at uncovering hidden talent. Carry might not have been all that hidden but guessing the injuries put off lots of schools. Definitely worth taking a chance on because the rewards look awesome. Eleven kids on next year's team that weren't here this year. Reminds me a little  of RE's first year when he had to find lots of players.

4/09/2018 8:36 am  #25

That's ,KD!!! To old to see the keyboard!

Board footera