Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2018 11:47 am  #1

Correct me if I'm wrong...

We only lose Judith Sole for next season, and we get back a bunch of talent that was either red-shirted or injured: Nina Aho, Laia Sole, Halle Bovell, & Angela Staffileno.

No additions/recruits for this year, unless you count Laia (transfer from Maine).

Four seniors: Chassidy, Juca, Conor, Kadri-Ann
Four juniors: Paige, Anie-Pier, Eniko, Angela
Seven sophomores: Nina, Halle, Libby, Helmi, Kiersten, Laia, Amanda

4/10/2018 4:25 pm  #2

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong...

You are correct, Duque! Add Caroline Elliot as a freshman academic scholarship player. There are some rumors that Dan might add one more player with his open ship. If so, that will be a roster of 17 players. Pretty stacked.

4/10/2018 4:26 pm  #3

https://mobile.twitter.com/masonelitehoops/status/982622408665427970

And, here is a little Micah/Chas shootout video!!!

4/10/2018 4:35 pm  #4

Not to be crirical but I think a couple of those shots touched the rim. Gotta do better.

4/10/2018 9:10 pm  #5

At the end of the year there is a 3 point shooting contest and slam dunk contest on ESPN - remember being how surprised I was when Micah wasn't selected after his senior year - not only did he make a ton of threes - he had one of the highest percentages as well. Maybe the sponsors were afraid he would "embarass" some of the other shooters from the "better known" schools  If it does NOT conflict with a possible NCAA tournament game for Chassidy - hope she would be extended an invitation.

4/11/2018 5:45 am  #6

Chas-swish-dy.

4/11/2018 5:08 pm  #7

Chas certainly would have a strong case, but so did Micah.  What hurt Micah was the lack of other legitimate scoring weapons on the team.  He was being face-guarded from the time he crossed half court.  Teams were always aware of his presence on the court.  His percentage in the last two years would have been better if he would have gotten a few more open looks.  When I see the way good teams move the ball and create open looks, I'm reminded of what Micah could have done had he had those same looks.

Board footera