Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
NCAA Round 1 vs. BYU in Nebraska
12:40 Tip Off

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2018 12:38 pm  #1

3/29/2018 6:18 pm  #2

Re: D1 Transfer List

Thanks, I usually keep an eye on that.

4/03/2018 9:59 pm  #3

So far, looks like a dozen players on the list from the A-10. Once again, Fordham leads the way with 4 transfers; Dayton 3 transfers.

Has to be doubly hard for Fordham fans when their former A-10 Rookie of the Year, Eric Paschall, helps Villanova win the National Championship.

4/04/2018 7:40 am  #4

Thanks for the update and I don't have a huge problem with all the transfers anymore as student athletes should be free to choose what they believe is their best interest. I do have concerns about how transfers  are occurring and whether there is a need for stricter scrutiny of schools .I sincerely don't know what is permissible for schools coaches etc in this area?Thanks again CLK and Phoenix

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (4/04/2018 8:36 am)

4/04/2018 12:58 pm  #5

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Thanks for the update and I don't have a huge problem with all the transfers anymore as student athletes should be free to choose what they believe is their best interest. I do have concerns about how transfers are occurring and whether there is a need for stricter scrutiny of schools .I sincerely don't know what is permissible for schools coaches etc in this area?Thanks again CLK and Phoenix

I readily agree Judge.  When you hear that your best players are getting contacted by other schools after every season, that is a problem.  Recruiting players from an existing college program cannot be tolerated; but the more established programs  do it anyway, just using the other programs as a player development system.  They play on the players ego and use them to fill in gaps in their recruiting; when they wouldn't have given these kids the time of day in high school! 

4/04/2018 2:02 pm  #6

Wondering if only players who have requested and been granted transfers are the only ones able to be legally contacted by other schools. That would seem reasonable to me.

4/04/2018 2:51 pm  #7

president wrote:

Wondering if only players who have requested and been granted transfers are the only ones able to be legally contacted by other schools. That would seem reasonable to me.

Yes. The problem is that things are done through back channels, via AAU folks and other handlers. This is what Siena accused Duquesne of doing when Kojo Mensah transferred.

5/15/2018 1:55 pm  #8

Just read a tweet that Lewis Djonkam, one-time Ferry recruit, left VCU for Radford.

Board footera