Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2018 11:13 am  #1

2018-19 schedule

We've heard about playing Notre Dame.

Penn State is also apparently on the schedule: https://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-state-basketball/2018/05/4072/lions-duquesne-pittsburgh-december-josh-reaves

5/14/2018 10:20 am  #2

Re: 2018-19 schedule

December 19th, which is almost certainly after break starts for Duquesne. $!#@

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

5/14/2018 10:37 am  #3

PSU is going to have more fans than us for that game regardless of Xmas break.  Its a Wednesday night, so PSU'ers from across the state might not travel, compared to a weekend game.

5/14/2018 4:06 pm  #4

townsonkid wrote:

PSU is going to have more fans than us for that game regardless of Xmas break.  Its a Wednesday night, so PSU'ers from across the state might not travel, compared to a weekend game.

If PSU has more fans, that means the building is empty, as they have no fans.

5/14/2018 6:16 pm  #5

Moderators.  There is a troll posting spam in Olympic Sports and Soccer forum.

5/14/2018 6:37 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

Moderators. There is a troll posting spam in Olympic Sports and Soccer forum.

I deleted about 15 of that moron's posts on MBB, WBB, and football. I somehow can't do the same on those pages, so if anyone else can, much appreciated.

5/14/2018 7:02 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I deleted about 15 of that moron's posts on MBB, WBB, and football. I somehow can't do the same on those pages, so if anyone else can, much appreciated.

All posts deleted. Some people need to get a life.

5/15/2018 5:01 am  #8

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

All posts deleted. Some people need to get a life.

I try to look out for potential spammers -- probably half of the time I spend on the board now. I missed that jackadilly somehow.

5/15/2018 6:10 am  #9

Thanks El Duque  and  appreciate the board and the work of all the moderators!

5/15/2018 7:02 am  #10

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

So I guess there is a good chance the place is empty then?

5/15/2018 12:59 pm  #11

fjhryn wrote:

A few years ago, the Athletic Department organized a bus trip to State College for the Dukes/Penn State game. The bus was full of Dukes fans. When we got to the Penn State arena, we were given seats as a group in the upper rafters of a nearly empty place. Of course we moved en masse to center court seats. Two points to my story. #1 - As visitors, we were given unbelievably bad seats in an empty arena which has happened at other venues we've visited in a group. Why do we always treat visiting fans with much better seating? #2 - If Penn State didn't win the NIT last year with one of our ex-coaches on the bench, there wouldn't be a fraction of their fan support at the game. This has been the norm for past Dukes/Penn State games in the Burgh.The only way to counteract a larger group of Penn State fans at this year's game is for ALL Dukes fans to attend the game. Even if the student's were still in school, they most likely wouldn't take the time to walk to the arena anyway, since they will be exhausted from attending the Pitt game.

Then we are well-met, sir! I had two of those tickets even though my wife and I traveled from NJ. Someone from your bus even slopped me a couple Duquesne pilsners before we left.

5/15/2018 1:37 pm  #12

For the Penn St. game, I believe that the Dukes' performance at that point will or will not drive attendance.  If the Dukes are, let's say, 8-3 at this point with wins over Robert Morris (a must) and a win over Pitt or Notre Dame, then I would expect a decent amount of interest in Pittsburgh to come out to see the Dukes against a known opponent.  With that record, I suspect the Dukes would be getting their fair share of media coverage to promote the game.

5/15/2018 2:34 pm  #13

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Silly Boy, you must be talking about Pitt Football, and lately basketball!  107,000 strong is a lot of fans! They also turned out for basketball when the team started to play well later in the season and in the NIT year.  They should be good again next season, so I would expect some of the huge number of PSU fans in the Pittsburgh area to turnout for the game.

5/15/2018 6:50 pm  #14

Why don't we play St. Francis anymore?  I always thought they were a great tune up for the A10 and a solid local rival from way back.

We play a good series lately in football in the NEC.

Last edited by coffee (5/15/2018 6:52 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

5/15/2018 6:56 pm  #15

coffee wrote:

Why don't we play St. Francis anymore?  I always thought they were a great tune up for the A10 and a solid local rival from way back.

I could be wrong but I believe St Francis stopped that.  If they improve as expected, you can’t have home and homes with 2 NEC teams in OOC.

You can schedule other Pa teams though.   Would like to see Temple or Bucknell on the schedule.

Last edited by duqkurt (5/15/2018 6:59 pm)

5/15/2018 9:49 pm  #16

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Silly Boy, you must be talking about Pitt Football, and lately basketball!  107,000 strong is a lot of fans! They also turned out for basketball when the team started to play well later in the season and in the NIT year.  They should be good again next season, so I would expect some of the huge number of PSU fans in the Pittsburgh area to turnout for the game.

Closet Nitter huh? No respect for a fanbase that considers their football program to be more important than the welfare of boys who were having their lives ruined. Joe knew, and he looked the other way, passed the buck. Allowed the monster to have continued access to young boys on the campus after he was removed from the football staff. It makes me want to puke. F Penn St. and their cult.

5/16/2018 6:40 am  #17

duqkurt wrote:

coffee wrote:

Why don't we play St. Francis anymore? I always thought they were a great tune up for the A10 and a solid local rival from way back.

I could be wrong but I believe St Francis stopped that. If they improve as expected, you can’t have home and homes with 2 NEC teams in OOC.

You can schedule other Pa teams though. Would like to see Temple or Bucknell on the schedule.

Kurt, I would rather see Lehigh or Lafayette than Bucknell. Much closer for me to get to a game! In fact, I'd like to see a men/women doubleheader at either of those schools.

5/16/2018 7:06 am  #18

To beat RMU, Pitt and PSU would be a trifecta we'll talk about for a while.

5/16/2018 8:52 am  #19

townsonkid wrote:

To beat RMU, Pitt and PSU would be a trifecta we'll talk about for a while.

We can beat all three. Fortunately, we don't have to play WVU. We're not at that level yet.

5/16/2018 8:21 pm  #20

duq81 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Closet Nitter huh? No respect for a fanbase that considers their football program to be more important than the welfare of boys who were having their lives ruined. Joe knew, and he looked the other way, passed the buck. Allowed the monster to have continued access to young boys on the campus after he was removed from the football staff. It makes me want to puke. F Penn St. and their cult.

I’m proud to be a Penn State fan; can you admit that you are a Pitt fan ? 
Why do Pitt fans like you always feel the need to measure your programs against Penn State?  You should learn to enjoy your successes without trying to take cheap shots at Penn State in order to feel better.

5/16/2018 8:42 pm  #21

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

I’m proud to be a Penn State fan; can you admit that you are a Pitt fan ?
Why do Pitt fans like you always feel the need to measure your programs against Penn State? You should learn to enjoy your successes without trying to take cheap shots at Penn State in order to feel better.

I like Pitt football, WVU too. We don't play at that level, so those are the teams I follow. Ohio St. is okay with me as well. I hate ND, and Michigan. I used to like Penn St. most of all, but I can't follow them anymore after what happened there. Like Watergate, it's the response that bothers me with regard to the school, as opposed to Sandusky's crimes, which could have happened anywhere. As for Pitt hoops, not a fan, although I'd root for them over Villanova. Plus, PSU fans trolled the board a couple of years ago, making our job harder. Blowing them out a couple of years ago was almost as enjoyable as a Steeler win over the Ravens.

5/17/2018 4:54 am  #22

OK, may I suggest a separate Pitt-Penn State site for chatter most of us don't want to read?

No offense. Just not interested.

​Thanks.

Board footera