Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2018 10:13 am  #1

5/31/2018 12:13 pm  #2

Re: New streaming deal

I believe this will mean no more free streaming of men’s and women’s games through A10 network.

Actually, the article states that.

Everything that used to be free through ESPN 3 app moved to ESPN + subscription service.     The Riverhounds used to stream free on ESPN 3.   It’s now a part of the subscription service.

If this means more money for DU, I’ll pay.    Plus if you susbscribe you will be able to see men’s and women’s road games.

Last edited by duqkurt (5/31/2018 1:13 pm)

5/31/2018 1:26 pm  #3

and the quality of the product will be better than listening to two jackholes from St Lou on a 240p video feed.

5/31/2018 2:22 pm  #4

I wonder if you have to pay a separate fee if you have Direct Tv with ESPN already?  

It doesn't look like it.  It's 5 dollars a month which is definitely worth it in my opinion.  I am a boxing fan and know that a huge fight is coming up (Terrance Crawdford) using this platform.  Good for the A10.  

Last edited by Simms (5/31/2018 2:23 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

5/31/2018 3:49 pm  #5

Simms wrote:

I wonder if you have to pay a separate fee if you have Direct Tv with ESPN already?  

It doesn't look like it.  It's 5 dollars a month which is definitely worth it in my opinion.  I am a boxing fan and know that a huge fight is coming up (Terrance Crawdford) using this platform.  Good for the A10.  

Definitely won't be included if your package if you have espn on cable/dish. This is ESPNs attempt to solve the "cord cutting" problem and we will see more online subscription streaming services from cable providers in an a la carte type of format moving forward.

As someone mentioned, this is overall a good thing! The video quality and coverage should be much improved. I was initially annoyed by the pay to play factor, but then remembered most of the time I was paying 5-7 dollars to watch an away game anyway for the last few years.

Last edited by Duques102 (5/31/2018 3:50 pm)

6/03/2018 8:52 am  #6

Until they improve the OOC schedule, I'll just follow the live stats, thank you.

6/03/2018 10:14 am  #7

I truly doubt ESPN will take over production and coverage. 

Pitt’s games on ESPN+ have local announcers.  No simulcast with radio.  Feed is same feed for Pitt you would see on their scoreboard. 

I think we wil have the same product that we will have to pay for.  But you can see away games for that price.

Last edited by duqkurt (6/03/2018 10:15 am)

Board footera