Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2018 4:53 pm  #1

Rod Scott

Rod Scott passed away at Presby today - Rest in Peace Rod

6/16/2018 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Rod Scott

RIP
Met Rod in stands after his playing days, a friendly man with a great smile.

I only ever heard good things about him, prayers to his family.

A diehard fan since 1961

6/16/2018 6:42 pm  #3

Aw, man. Rod was from my time. Second Duke (John Thomas) to go too young. Actually third. Almost forgot Bill Piekarski.

6/16/2018 8:03 pm  #4

Wow! I knew Rod really well.

6/19/2018 6:39 am  #5

6/19/2018 7:41 am  #6

They described him perfectly, "a funny guy with a gift of gab".

6/21/2018 7:39 pm  #7

Went to the wake tonight. Lot's of people there. Bruce Atkins, Silk, John Moore, Gumby, Joey Myers, Barnett Harris, Fred Moon, Joe Kane, Shang Bibbens. As always, it takes a death for people to get together.

6/21/2018 8:32 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

Went to the wake tonight. Lot's of people there. Bruce Atkins, Silk, John Moore, Gumby, Joey Myers, Barnett Harris, Fred Moon, Joe Kane, Shang Bibbens. As always, it takes a death for people to get together.

That's like my family. Funerals and weddings.

6/22/2018 12:53 pm  #9

duq81 wrote:

Says a lot about Rod to have many of these guys come in from out of town.  Some of them haven’t been around a lot since graduation.

6/22/2018 8:40 pm  #10

Last saw Rod at homecoming  game last fall! Good dude and funny! Barnett did 1 of eulogies at funeral today. Saw BB  Big John Moore and Andy  Sissini too.RIP Rod

Board footera