Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2018 3:56 pm  #1

Wingspans

I'm guessing size isn't going to be an issue for this team....

6/18/2018 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Wingspans

Ray Goss: The shot is blocked!
Jarrett Durham: Don't bring that weak stuff in here anymore!
Ray: Did you see who got that?
Jarrett: I saw a couple of hands in there.

6/18/2018 5:07 pm  #3

That'd make a great giveaway poster for the young kids at the games.

6/18/2018 5:21 pm  #4

Also, in addition to the freakishly long wingspan from James Ellis, Weathers having a 7'1 wingspan with a listed height of 6'5 is just as, if not more, impressive.

The below article about NBA teams focusing more on wingspan, mentions that the average man has wingspan of about 2 inches more than their height.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-spt-nba-player-wingspan-20180410-story.html

Mo Bamba (7'1 height) checked in at a 7'10 wingspan at the NBA combine.

Over the past few years, players like 7'6 Mamadou N'Diaye of UC Irvine and 7'6 Tako Fall of UCF have almost single handedly made their teams elite defensively. While none of the Dukes have that kind of height, the wingspan could really be a difference defensively since there's no defensive three second rule in the college game.

6/18/2018 7:28 pm  #5

Nice find on the article, Brian. Thanks!

And Mike Hughes should also be included in the “impressive” category with his listed height of 6’8” and wingspan of 8½" more.

6/19/2018 10:00 am  #6

They should get 5000 posters made of this.  Hand them out free until they run out.  Gotta start putting names to faces, and this is a pretty cool look.

6/19/2018 10:26 am  #7

This reminds me of a funny off topic story, and since this is around Fathers Day, I felt I would share it.

My Dad was born in 1922 and he was an old school basketball fan.  He was a traditionalist.  Even into the 70s he still felt they should ban the "dunk" because it was not as Naismith intended.

Anyway, we were at the Palumbo for one of the NIT games in 94, and Derek Alston blocked a shot aggressively and my old school Dad yelled "My House!"  

My cousin, my friend who was with us and myself literally did the slow turn in unison, like on a tv sitcom to see who said that!  We couldn't believe it.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

6/19/2018 11:47 am  #8

Do they sell wings at Palumbo? Seems like a natural.

6/24/2018 1:30 pm  #9

I saw Gavin B. listed as 230 lbs.  Can this be true?  Last I heard he was 185, soaking wet.

6/24/2018 5:00 pm  #10

Pick a hashtag:
#ArmedAndDangerous
#LicenseToCarryArms
#ArmsDealer

Board footera