Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2018 1:48 pm  #1

New hire for fan engagement

Duquesne just hired Cayla Morgan from Pitt to help for fan engagement at Duquesne.  She posted on Twitter about it. 

https://twitter.com/Cayla_Morgan1/status/1023934181859106817?s=19

I'm excited to see what she can do.  I plan on emailing her and sending her a link to our thread on possible improvements.  Best of luck to Cayla!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

7/30/2018 1:55 pm  #2

Re: New hire for fan engagement

You beat me to the punch by minutes, lol.

As we have discussed athletics personnel at length on this board, I believe she filled part of the position that was split into two separate ones. She'll be doing internal things, I guess, probably working the RBC among other gameday aspects

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

7/30/2018 2:25 pm  #3

She starts Monday. I went to the Pitt site to look at her bio, and in typical Pitt fashion, they took it down already.

Welcome to the winning team, Cayla.

7/30/2018 5:11 pm  #4

ElDuque wrote:

She starts Monday. I went to the Pitt site to look at her bio, and in typical Pitt fashion, they took it down already.

Welcome to the winning team, Cayla.

Lol.  I did the same thing.

8/01/2018 9:42 am  #5

She was an assistant director of marketing there.  Now, I will definitely get blasted for what I am about to say, but I have big shoulders!  First, I do not know her.  Second this is not personal.  I Hope they hired her because in her interviews she said how her hands were tied because there were so many ideas she had and so many things she wanted to do but no one would permit her.  Here is why I said this....
1.  I hope it is the truth
2.  Their football attendance and marketing is and has been abysmal over the last 8-10 years.  They can’t get anyone to the stadium, they almost give tickets away, and even their alumni don’t want to go.
3.   Yes, their basketball program has been poor the last few years, but that is when you need effective marketing.  Their attendance has been poor there also.

We already have poor attendance and marketing.  I remember many mornings when we don’t even get our evening men’s basketball games announced, whether it is 93.7 or little old KDKA!  Okay, venting...but I sure hope they hired her for potential and not based on what PItt has done.  Again, I wish her all the luck in the world!

8/02/2018 7:52 pm  #6

Their attendance is bad because their teams sucked last year.

You can't market  unless you have a really dumb base.

8/03/2018 3:28 pm  #7

Not a disagreement here...the issue in marketing and advertisement is to do it for the teams that are average or below average.  We have been mostly below average ( we both won't go over the last 20 years on DU bball.)  So, their fan base has been terrible, though at times this took place even when their teams were "average" especially in football.  So my wonderment is (again, nothing personal) why hire someone whose teams attendance, especially in football, has been terrible even when they were average or went to a bowl game.  Just sayin...again, I wish her good luck!

Board footera