Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2018 7:38 am  #1

Best BBall job in A10

Dukes #12

https://watchstadium.com/news/atlantic-10-basketball-coaches-rank-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-10-17-2018/

I think this is one reason Dambrot took the job.  Turn this around and the rewards are many...father, home, reputation, more.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will elevate the program to the best in the A10  You get the best coach with no intention of leaving.  He was a home run hire.  Happy for him....and Duquesne.

12. Duquesne (44) – There was a Final Four appearance … way back in 1940. The Dukes haven’t gone dancing since 1977, and rank last in history/tradition and TV exposure. The best thing? They rank first in buy games.Where they win: “The city. That’s about it.” – A-10 head coach.  The knock: “There’s no history, no tradition, the facilities aren’t good, and no one really cares.” – A-10 head coach  

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (10/18/2018 7:39 am)

10/18/2018 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Best BBall job in A10

Wow.  Truth hurts, but it will hurt those A10 coaches when we start kickin ass and not even caring enough to take names.   

Bulletin board material:    [b][b]Where they win: “The city. That’s about it.” – A-10 head coach.  The knock: “There’s no history, no tradition, the facilities aren’t good, and no one really cares.” – A-10 head coach  [/b][/b]

10/19/2018 9:52 am  #3

Yeah. Not going to dwell on an anonymous garbage comment made by someone who now has the job of trying to recruit against Duquesne and has to result in crap like that. Without exerting much energy, I could easily think of 1-2 things about each of our A10 opponents that would discourage parents from sending their kids there, but that's destructive to the conference and a bad reflection on me if I go that route. Instead, I think you have to look at the commitment by the current regime (a positive), the coach (a positive), the winning culture that is being built (a positive), the quality of our players (a positive), the campus (a positive), the city (a positive), the education (a positive), the loyalty of the fans we do have (a positive). Winning will change a lot of things, including the interest of students, alumni, and the city and surrounding communities. With our women's program in such great shape I think we can be the best 1-2 punch in the city and the A10 going forward.

10/19/2018 6:02 pm  #4

I know it's way back, but no tradition?Tell that to those that can remember the 50s n 60s

10/19/2018 10:08 pm  #5

And while they slipped in the 70s,  we still had Norm Nixon, Bruce Atkins and B.B. Flenory

10/19/2018 10:26 pm  #6

And while it started to slipp in the 70s,  we still had Norm Nixon, Bruce Atkins and B.B. Flenory

10/20/2018 8:04 am  #7

https://watchstadium.com/news/big-ten-basketball-coaches-rank-the-best-jobs-in-the-conference-10-11-2018/PSU is ranked the worst job in the Big Ten for men's basketball.

I guess a lot of conferences did this.

Last edited by FAM (10/20/2018 8:05 am)

10/20/2018 8:35 am  #8

I really don’t have a problem with any of this, because it was the truth. Past tense. That is why massive props should go to Dave Harper, Ken Gormley and the Board for making the commitment to “care” and landing Keith Dambrot.

And if I had to bet,  I would guess that head coach’s comment came from the far Midwest.

Board footera