Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2018 2:48 pm  #1

Long Island U

Is moving up from D2 and merging with current NEC program LIU Brooklyn and will start playing in NEC.   It was announced today I believe.  That gives two new NEC members.

Last edited by duqkurt (10/20/2018 4:12 pm)

10/21/2018 3:29 pm  #2

Re: Long Island U

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/10/3/17933148/long-island-university-unify-brooklyn-post-campuses-nec-northeast-conference-college-ncaa-lacrosse

here's a small write-up about it i found, although it focuses mostly on the lacrosse programs. i'll look harder for it later.

the D2 member is LIU-Post, which is about an hour east on Long Island. 

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/21/2018 4:54 pm  #3

yak-rbc wrote:

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/10/3/17933148/long-island-university-unify-brooklyn-post-campuses-nec-northeast-conference-college-ncaa-lacrosse

here's a small write-up about it i found, although it focuses mostly on the lacrosse programs. i'll look harder for it later.

the D2 member is LIU-Post, which is about an hour east on Long Island. 

I tuned into the Sacred Heart/C Connecticut game online.   The Commissioner of the NEC was talking about it.   I don’t think they have a date for the entry.   She didn’t give many details.

10/22/2018 9:42 am  #4

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/college-football/liu-post-football-fbs-2019-1.21560247

this article is heavily implying that LIU would play NEC football next season, which would be interesting.

They are 7-0 this season in D2, have no idea how good their conference is (i can't imagine the northeast is a hotbed for football, but that's speculation). If they play next season they really can't be *that* good because up until now they were recruiting for D2.

Although if they are somewhere between good and an excellent D2 team, then they would probably be able to beat Robert Morris already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/22/2018 9:44 am  #5

Also, from the lacrosse article

"With the move, football will be a member of Division I FCS. All LIU teams will be immediately eligible to compete in NEC and NCAA tournaments, according to a university spokesperson."

10/22/2018 7:30 pm  #6

Thanks for the post as always Yakrbc

Board footera