Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2018 11:56 am  #1

Pep Band

I saw this on Twitter today and donated.  Wanted to send a link on here since we are the diehard Duke's fans.  If you can spare some funds for the pep band, I'm sure they would appreciate it!

https://www.spirit.duq.edu/project/12070

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/10/2018 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Pep Band

I love it and I hope they get the needed stuff for success.

It's still a shame that a university with a world-class music school and an athletic department that is trying to make big steps forward can't get together and make this happen the way it does at countless other schools, including D2 and D3 schools.

Last edited by Face (11/10/2018 2:42 pm)

11/11/2018 2:23 pm  #3

Agree and Thanks  so much for posting this and they worked hard yesterday with football game then hoops too! Hopefully some day we get marching band back too!

11/11/2018 8:09 pm  #4

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Agree and Thanks so much for posting this and they worked hard yesterday with football game then hoops too! Hopefully some day we get marching band back too!

I agree. And they did note that possibility on the fundraising page. MAYBE it's a case of "show us that the desire is there and we'll put up eventually" but I don't know. It's been such a tumultuous relationship there.

You need only look a few dozen miles east of Pittsburgh to see what happens when a good music program and the athletic department decide to work together - the IUP Marching Band, which regularly plays pro stadiums as well during their season, and music students can take it for credit. So in-demand, they have to audition for it.

11/12/2018 12:29 pm  #5

Thank you Simms for posting the link to the crowdfunding page here. I am the current Tuba player and it is an awesome opportunity for us to work with the Duquesne Crowdfunding Program. It is a shame that our success has to depend on our value to the University. I can say that we are working to get the necessary drum line equipment in the near future.

11/12/2018 12:37 pm  #6

Donated yesterday DuqTubakid and trust me there are many people who appreciate what you do! We noticed that you helped fire the crowd up for that goal line stop late against Sacred Heart and sure you did the same thing during the hoops game later that day!thanks for making it fun and adding to the game day experience

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (11/12/2018 12:39 pm)

11/12/2018 1:15 pm  #7

DuqTubaKid wrote:

Thank you Simms for posting the link to the crowdfunding page here. I am the current Tuba player and it is an awesome opportunity for us to work with the Duquesne Crowdfunding Program. It is a shame that our success has to depend on our value to the University. I can say that we are working to get the necessary drum line equipment in the near future.

As a former DU Tuba myself, rock on, keep it going!

11/12/2018 1:29 pm  #8

Face thanks from an ex player and generally speaking
I believe that athletes don't thank the band enough historically!  The Notre Dame football  experience is every bit as much about the band! You are right on in mentioning IUP band! Our Pep band has been a tradition which is one of many that we need to appreciate and recognize more!

Board footera