Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2018 1:32 pm  #1

Does anybody have insight on Mike Hughes' injury?

Somebody has to know know something.

12/10/2018 1:39 pm  #2

Re: Does anybody have insight on Mike Hughes' injury?

Hope it's not related to his past problems.

12/10/2018 1:55 pm  #3

This week is certainly a good chance to get him some rest.

12/10/2018 2:14 pm  #4

I was told by a reliable source that he was held out of the game as a precautionary measure due to his past injuries.  The MRI is part of that caution.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I'm hoping to see him on the floor on Thursday, but his status is obviously still up in the air.  Mike "tweaked his knee" was the description given to me.

12/10/2018 2:32 pm  #5

In the Longwood post game notes, it said "knee contusion".
Not to be confused with a "Nee contusion", which some of us witnessed first hand. 

12/10/2018 2:37 pm  #6

VBC wrote:

I was told by a reliable source that he was held out of the game as a precautionary measure due to his past injuries.  The MRI is part of that caution.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I'm hoping to see him on the floor on Thursday, but his status is obviously still up in the air.  Mike "tweaked his knee" was the description given to me.

The next two opponents have two combined wins. I’d rather continue to play it safe and rest him unless he’s definitely ready. The two freshmen bigs have taken a few steps forward recently, and can hold down the fort. We will need mike against penn state and in the A10.

12/10/2018 3:15 pm  #7

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Not to be confused with a "Nee contusion", which some of us witnessed first hand. 

Nee confusion?

12/10/2018 6:02 pm  #8

rosceaux wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Nee confusion?

Ain't that the truth rosceaux?

Thanks for the info VBC.

Last edited by phil95 (12/10/2018 6:02 pm)

12/11/2018 6:35 pm  #9

12/11/2018 10:28 pm  #10

Let him sit until Penn St.

12/12/2018 10:47 am  #11

Duq81:

My belief exactly.  It will give his leg more rest, give others more playing time, and give the whole team an opportunity to get better without him.
The only downside, is he hasn’t been in very good shape up to now due to sitting for months.  Hopefully, they will have him do some type of exercise at great length while at practice...I am sure they know this as they are smarter than me with this stuff!

Last edited by FAM (12/12/2018 10:49 am)

12/12/2018 12:23 pm  #12

I wouldnt want him to play tomorrow, but if he says he is ready, maybe get him 10-15 minutes, max.  Hopefully we can get on this guys early and he can sit most of the game, rest up, get 100%.

12/12/2018 12:32 pm  #13

Good opportunity for Kellon to get minutes to shake off some rust too.

12/12/2018 4:18 pm  #14

Don't forget, Ben could have played sooner on Sunday!  Sitting him longer serves no purpose if he is healthy, let him play.  If he isn't healed and ready to go, no reason to have him out there limping around and possibly damage something else by favoring the bruised knee. 

Board footera