Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 10:30 am  #1

Binney Leaving

Chris Harlan‏@CHarlan_Trib28m#Duquesne guard Marvin Binney @MBinney3 added to CBSSports list of college basketball players who are transferring

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/transfer-list-first-edition

Last edited by CLK (4/12/2013 10:31 am)

4/12/2013 10:40 am  #2

Re: Binney Leaving

Marvin Binney‏@MBinney310 Apr Don't stay where your not wanted.

Marvin Binney‏@MBinney37 Apr Never thought I'd be in this position, But everything happens for a reason

Last edited by CLK (4/12/2013 10:48 am)

4/12/2013 10:55 am  #3

Booted that we know of:

PJ
Abele
Martin
Pantophlet
Binney

Assuming that everyone signs next week that have committed we have two open scholarships.

4/12/2013 11:47 am  #4

Holy <rhymes with Pitt>, has the entire team been cut?

4/12/2013 12:36 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

Holy <rhymes with Pitt>, has the entire team been cut?

I can only hope that this works out for us in the big scheme of things.. Makes me very nervous though. Got to hope that JF knows exactly what he is doing.

4/12/2013 12:46 pm  #6

Just another great day in the world of Duquesne athletics. 

4/12/2013 1:27 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

Booted that we know of:

PJ
Abele
Martin
Pantophlet
Binney

Assuming that everyone signs next week that have committed we have two open scholarships.

To be fair, PJ left on his own accord and made that decision over the Christmas break.  With the lack of depth at guard, last season, in retrospect; he made a poor decision. He could have helped himself by sticking with the team for the full season.
It is the worst part about college sports and I hate to see the lives of these guys jolted by this shot of reality, but anyone who follows the college game would realize that some moves had to be made.  There were just too many scholarships tied up and the production just wasn't forthcoming.

4/12/2013 1:30 pm  #8

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/493506-atlantic-10-transfers-decommits.html

Last year 450 players transfered!  Looks like GW and VCU are losing guys too.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/12/2013 1:38 pm  #9

To his credit, Coach Ferry isn't pulling any punches with any of his or RE's players.  He obviously realizes that with one conference win that drastic measures are needed.

In giving it some thought, I can't say that I really saw any significant role for Marvin next year or thereafter.  Not a good handle, no size, average speed, etc.  Certainly not even an average A-10 guard.  Hopefully, Ferry realizes that he's already recruited over these guys and thus, "nice knowing ya..."

4/12/2013 2:13 pm  #10

levon1975 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Booted that we know of:

PJ
Abele
Martin
Pantophlet
Binney

To be fair, PJ left on his own accord and made that decision over the Christmas break.  With the lack of depth at guard, last season, in retrospect; he made a poor decision. He could have helped himself by sticking with the team for the full season.
It is the worst part about college sports and I hate to see the lives of these guys jolted by this shot of reality, but anyone who follows the college game would realize that some moves had to be made.  There were just too many scholarships tied up and the production just wasn't forthcoming.

PJ was just smart enough to read the tea leaves early. He would have been booted like the rest if he had not left. 

What surprises me is the lack of comment on Binney being asked to leave from those who thought Ron was the devil for booting his own players (not talking about you Levon).  Clearly Ferry did not have any compunction about it.  I hope this ends the Ron bashing over this issue.  Ron did what he had to to win and Ferry who has abandoned the brick by brick philosophy is doing the same.  I have no problem with that.  As I said in another post, all that matters to me is winning.  Ron won his second year, I expect that with 12 of his own players to see Ferry win next year..

4/12/2013 5:31 pm  #11

What surprises me is the lack of comment on Binney being asked to leave from those who thought Ron was the devil for booting his own players (not talking about you Levon).  Clearly Ferry did not have any compunction about it.  I hope this ends the Ron bashing over this issue.  Ron did what he had to to win and Ferry who has abandoned the brick by brick philosophy is doing the same.  I have no problem with that.  As I said in another post, all that matters to me is winning.  Ron won his second year, I expect that with 12 of his own players to see Ferry win next year

CLK - Re what you said above, I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited by Westender (4/12/2013 5:31 pm)

Board footera